“Expensive tourist trap”
Review of Ritz Bar

Ritz Bar
Reserve with
Ritz Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #894 of 18,841 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: A bistro spirit with an Art Deco feel, an echo of the Années Folles when the adjectlve "Ritzy" was coined. The term still holds its place in common parlance, and American dictionaries define it as "luxurious, fashionable, elegant". Here, dishes are made for sharing, at lunch or dinner, with a glass of exceptional wine. Decorated with elegant woodwork, the Ritz Bar welcomes guests for breakfast starting at 8am and remains open for a nightcap until 2am. Parisian, relaxed and quite simply ritzy.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

There is nothing left of the glamour that the Ritz was known for. Tourists wearing t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops are the clientele. With drinks starting at EUR30, a very expensive experience. Service and quality are superb, but go somewhere else if you want a more memorable time.

Ritz_Paris, Food and Beverage Director at Ritz Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Gazap0,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry you didn't enjoy the Ritz Bar.

We remain at your disposal should you wish to discuss further. You may contact us at restauration@ritzparis.com.

Best wishes from Place Vendome.

Laurent Herschbach
Food and Beverage Director

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Stepping into the lobby of the Ritz was a step into luxury I've never experienced, but one that I knew I was destined for. I convinced my new and practical husband that tea at the Ritz was something we had to do as first timers to Paris. Thankfully, he obliged.

The grandeur and opulence was right up my bourgeois wannabe alley. We stopped first for a drink at The Ritz Bar, where we dropped 75 Euros for 3 amazing cocktails (cognac, tequila, and an aromatic mixed drink). Then came tea time! We were alone except for one gentleman sipping coffee. The couches, the tablescape and the simple tulip decor won me over. Opulent, yet clean and simple. The pastries were buttery yet light and the tea was better than any Teavana sample I've ever tasted. We were gifted a tea in the cutest tin to go along with all of our sweet leftovers. An experience unlike any other.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We strolled up to the hotel on Friday evening for some pre-dinner drinks. Chose to sit in the terrace (Ritz Bar) as the weather was perfect. Sampled the lobster canapes and washed it down with an amazing burgundy. Service was 5 star and we could easily have spent the evening there. Looking forward to heading back for dinner or lunch next.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I have been to this bar for many times and it is definitely one of the best bar in Paris. The cocktail is beautiful and staff are super nice! I totally recommend anyone who loves cocktails to come and have a nice time in an amazing environment!!! Especially the bartender in Ritz Bar called LUNAS, he is very professional and one of the best bartender I ever met in the world! he is also very kind and friendly! I am really grateful whenever I see him working there!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We went here looking for Bar Hemingway which isn't open until the evening. We were blessed with great weather so took the opportunity to sit outside and relax with a cocktail. Be careful though - the special drinks are very pretty but the one we tried was too floral - almost like potpourri for our test. Requesting a classic Manhattan was a great success however.