See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 February 2015

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and this is by far the worst.

I got a room in 5th floor without elevator. That someone could help you with your luggage up the difficult narrow staircase was not possible.

The room lacked soap and when I called the front desk, I had to go down 5 floors and up to provide soap as if the error by lack of soap was mine. No service!

The bedspread had holes from cigarettes.

When I had unpacked it turned out that the door to the balcony could not be locked and people in the neighboring room could thus take into my room and steal my belongings. I felt unsafe.

I raported this and the hotel manager pretended he did not know about this problem with the door. I do think he did.
I got a new room one floor higher!

I wanted to keep my room key when I went out, I did not rely on the hotel peoples. I was not allowed to and it was an extremely uncomfortable situation.

I say that they constantly looked after, but the guard was sleeping on a back room and opened the door with a trigger there. Often now several room keys on the counter and this is naturally not good security.

There were listeners between the rooms. I did not sleep well. He on the neighboring room both coughed and snored.

I advise to not use this hotel. They do not want to call for a taxi for you when they say that it is difficult to trace taxi. You must take your luggage out in the street and hope to find a free taxi on the way.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2014

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2014

I'm surprised this place is still generating sufficient revenue to stay open.

My friend and I booked this hotel by accident, assuming it was Hotel Des Arts Montmarte. Bad idea sharing the same name.

The guy at the front desk was unhelpful. He kept retreating back to that little room behind the desk, where he probably watches TV all day and snoozes when no one comes to the counter. So much for trusted security.

There isn't an elevator in the building, and the narrow spiral staircase just curled all the way up. It was frustrating, lugging heavy suitcases all the way to the 6th floor. By the time we got to our room, we were disgusted at how the paint was peeling from the ceiling. The window wouldn't lock properly, the towels in the bathroom were stained, the shower curtain was dirty, and needless to say -- the entire room reeked of must and neglect. We had the "luck" of having a bathroom in our room, because we booked the double room instead of a dorm.

I understand that we couldn't expect a fancy place for the price, with it being a budget hotel and everything, but things like hygiene and service/security shouldn't be compromised.

As for the wifi, it barely worked in our room. The guy behind the desk wouldn't even share the lobby's wifi with us when we told him of our poor wifi connection. Oh well, avoid this hotel if you can. There are definitely a ton of better options around the area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends