US$348
Official Hotel Site
US$222
US$211
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$144
Official Site
US$150
US$116
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$323
US$173
US$159
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsstudio apartmentpicturesque streetplenty of hot waterclean towelsfree wifikitchenettestovehairdryerfrance
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We loved this tiny little hotel on a tiny little colourful street. We stayed for a week and were very happy here.

L'Hotel Particulier isn' t a hotel or hostel in a classsical sense - it's more like a small, but well equipped apartment with a bathroom and a kitchenette and except some cleaning you are basically left alone, which I very much preferred. (If you expect a hostel, this isn't one, even if the price is more similar to a hostel than a hotel - there isn't any common room to meet other travellers.) Our room was cleaned and towels and bed sheets changed once during the week, but we often stayed at the hotel during the noon, so perhaps we inhibited more cleaning attempts :) (Once somebody knocked on the door, but when he saw we were there, he apologised and left.)

When you are looking for the hotel in the street upon arrival, don't be confused by the "Hotel" sign a few houses away - it's a different hotel. This one hasn't any sign. You can pay only by cash here, so make sure to bring enough euros. We arrived by a late night flight and the mister Daniel gave us the code to the building in advance (if you need this option, mail the owner well beforehand as it may take some time to get a reply.) An assistant came to collect the money in the morning (we were given a choice to meet in the morning or in the afternoon.)

The adorable room wasn't as small as i was afraid when I viewed the photos here, it had enough space to feel comfortable. There is a wardrobe that has enough space for clothes and for the luggage as well. The bathroom was tiny, but perfectly usable. We were given two big bath towels and two smaller ones. There was a small kitchenette with a sink and two hot plates. It was well equipped - there are two pots, some plates, two big cups which could be used as bowls as well, two smaller ones and enough cutlery. There wasn' t an electrical kettle, but the water boiled in the pot just as quick, so no problem with that! There is also a hairdryer. There isn't any wi-fi, but just around the corner is an internet café.

The bed was very soft (we had a bit of back pains because of that, but other than that we slept just fine). I loved the big window - you can sit by it and watch the street outside.

We had a first floor room and were happy with it. Note that there are very narrow and steep stairs, so if you have difficulties climbing stairs, book the ground floor room.

The location was just perfect - the Rue Crémieux is beautiful and quiet. It looks almost like someone has taken it from the peaceful French countryside and dropped it in the middle of the busy city.
There was some road work in progress in the street, so the first morning we were awaken by a terrible drilling noise, but thankfully they finished the work the other day. The people that live in the street were having a dinner outside in the Friday and Saturday night when the weather is warm, so you can hear them talking, but it wasn't loud - and it was a part of the charm of the street.

The hotel is just around the corner from Gare du Lyon (the taxi from the ORLY airport cost us about 30 euro) and a few minutes walk from the Seine. There are many brasseries nearby where you can get a meal for about 15 euros, a nice bakery and a Carrefour supermarket, also pharmacies and a post office. I highly recommend walking to the Seine and to Notre Dame in the evening - it's beautiful and in the warm evenings there was music and dancing near the pont d'Austerlitz and people sitting and drinking wine along the whole waterfront. If you can spare some money, buy a Bateaubus pass and you can travel the Paris by boat instead of metro - the Bateaubus stop Jardin des plantes is very close by. Also if you want to relax for a while, visit the park du Bercy - it is worth it. Not a tourist place, but a nice and atmospheric park where the locals have picnics, read books etc. And if you stay at this hotel, pet the cat from the number 12 for me! ;)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dryadka
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived at Gare de Lyon station and managed to find our way to these apartments after only about 5 or so minutes. As we didn't have global roaming or internet we thought we'd find the apartment first, and then attempt to look for a phone box to call the owner (we found one right on the corner). The street (or lane) which houses these apartments is possibly one of the most beautiful and colourful streets in Paris and many photos were taken out the front.

Lucky for us, the beautiful neighbours across the road were sitting outside the front of their house enjoying the weekend, as it was a gorgeous day. They offered to call the owner for us which was terribly appreciated. The owner advised us of the access codes to get inside, so in we went. (We did advise the owner earlier of our exact arrival time so they were expecting us).

Our room was on the top floor. The stairs were a little steep and tricky to ascend, especially as I had just broken my arm and couldn't hod the banister properly. The room was cosy and featured an attractive wallpaper behind the bed, a small kitchenette, table, closet and bathroom. The apartment is small, however it is very affordable compared to other Parisian accommodation. Plus, it includes a kitchenette with mini-fridge and stove which means you can save money by cooking dinner (although, Paris restaurants are so good that we were reluctant to stay home at all).

The apartments are so close to everything you need: main train station, laundry, supermarkets, la Bastille, markets, hospitals, pharmacies, restaurants, cafés, bars... We walked all the way to the Eiffel Towel via the Seine from this hotel. Although a long day it is very possible.

We only met one owner who came to collect our money on the second day. She was very helpful with information regarding the nearby area.

We had an incident on a day-trip which meant we weren't able to return to this hotel for one night during our 4-night stay. We had left some of our valuables out for all to see (iPad) as we hadn't anticipated this incident. Upon our return, we found that our room had been cleaned while we were gone, and the iPad was still in its place which we were of course very pleased with as we were gone for 36 hours. The apartments have one main entry, where you need a code to enter, and then your room entry which requires a personal key.

Location, cost, amenities and security were the main positives of L'Hotel Particulier. My only suggestion would be to include some maps of Paris in the foyer, and to make checking-in easier for those guests who don't have access to a telephone. Also, free wi-fi would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nixie W
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent 5 nights at Rue Cremieux 15. The studio is located a few minutes walk from Gare de Lyon railway station where you can get straight from CDG airport by Line 4 shuttle service. As mentioned by many raters the flat is very tiny but after one day you conclue that you do not need anything more when you spend most of your time outside. Very good and swift communication with the owner by email & mobile (thanks Daniel :-)). From the place you can do a very nice walk along the Seine River to Notre Dame and Louvre. If you want to cook yourself you can get what you need at e.g. Carreffour store which is located at a walking distance. The only think I could complain a bit is no WiFi which today is almost a must but...nothing is perfect... :-) I definitely recommend staying a L'Hotel Particulier during your Paris experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marcin_Julita
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at this property for 3 nights. It had a great location close the the metro and on a very cute street. When we arrived to check in (which I had confirmed over email prior to be between 12:00 and 13:00) at 12:30, no one was present. We waited outside for twenty minutes and I attempted emailing the owner. By 13:10 I placed what I'm sure was a very expensive phone call to see what was going on. The owner gave me instructions on how to get into the building and set up a new time to collect our payment- which he never did appear for instead sending someone else to get our money. The friend who was very polite could not answer most of our questions about the hotel and the area surrounding. The room itself was nothing like I've seen on trip advisor (where I did all my pre booking research). We were on the ground floor and the room was small, cramped, with none of the cute decor you will see on the pictures. The bathroom shower curtain was mildewing caused the whole room to stink. Walking into the bathroom was horrible because of the smell. The shower continuously overflowed the basin when using it. You would have to turn off the water every minute to let the basin drain before continuing your shower so that the floors didn't get soaked. We kept our luggage later then check out on our last day which was appreciated, but overall this hotel was nothing like what I was expecting and I was quite disappointed by it. It was well priced, but I could've stayed somewhere just a cheap that was clean. Other downsides were no wifi, and no laundry facilities. We were told by the check in friend that Gare de Lyon had wifi- we went there and had zero luck getting any (even at the restaurants that advertised it that we were paying money to be in). Overall not what I had expected and I'm not overly picky- was disappointed by the lack of 'cuteness' I had anticipated but was truly grossed out by the bathroom smell.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Morgann C
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Located between Bastille and Gare de Lyon this is the perfect residence for anyone looking to immerse themselves in the Parisian way of life. Its located on a small pedestrian only street full of families and people going about their everyday lives. BE AWARE, this is not a hotel. You are renting a small studio apt with a bed and a kitchenette. If this is what you are looking to discover in Paris and dont mind the missing comfort of an ordinary hotel, then I would HIGHLY suggest L'Hotel Particulier. There is no Wi-Fi so get ready to disconnect and enjoy where you are at!

Daniel, the owner, was very accommodating at the time of my arrival, which was a bit late. He emailed me the code to the front door and was able to leave the key in my room which he left unlocked. At a later time in the week an assistant came by and collected my payment. Also know that they accept only euro as there is no ability to take card. There is a cleaning service that came by and gave me fresh towels, but I'm unsure about the regularity of their visits.

All in all I couldent have been happier to stay at such a fun place like L'Hotel Particulier. I was backpacking across Europe and found it enjoyable to have the opportunity to cook in my room, have the windows open 24/7 and eat my meal at my small table with a bottle of wine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo