“Really Enjoyable Visit - give it a go!!”
Review of Romanela

Romanela
Ranked #9,086 of 18,603 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant on the off chance as it looked like a nice traditional Italian.
Surprised to read the previous mixed reviews. I would say we are reasonably choosy, and are certainly the first to criticise poor service, and although the owner began quieter, she was pleasant enough, and was actually joking and laughing through most of the service.
We had pizza which was very very good. The seafood pizza was very generously topped, as was the pepperoni - stacked with fish and meat.
We had a lovely bottle of Rose also at a very reasonable price, I also had an irish coffee for only 9eur. Wine, pizza and irish coffee for two was around 50 euros - very good value.
I would urge people to give this place a go as we had a very good visit for value for money it can't be faulted.
Thanks!

1  Thank 53saint74

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Visited on a Friday evening - we were the only ones in at first, but it filled up gradually. Had a really nice prawn salad for starters - the leaves were very fresh and good selection. Had a tortellini for the main, which again was very nice. OH had lasagne which he enjoyed too. Service was good.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The fish we orderd was dry and had hair in it. And the meat was not good either.
The only good thing was that we didnt have to pay for the fish.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I went here for a Pizza...the female in charge is a surly miserable woman and clearly did not like Tourists especially English..We hadn't opened our mouth and she already had the English menus in her hand. We tried to be friendly but she didn't respond and never spoke to us once. Pizzas were just banged down in front of us.. still no contact with us...My husband paid the bill and left a tip (wished we hadnt) and she managed a sickly sweet smile... When we got back to our hotel just a few minutes away we overheard a party of Americans from Texas discussing the same 'lady' they had also encountered "Cruella De Ville." Such a pity she was such a miserable git as the pizzas were cooked to perfection....A very disappointing visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

It is simply clear that the female owner of the restaurant has problems. She was extremely rude to the tourist tables (including ours), never smiled and in fact, gave us a sigh when we ordered more food! We were very polite and my family tried our best to speak in french as well to respect her and her restaurant. This was my first restaurant at Paris and I wanted to show my family a good time.

After tonight, I feel bad that I showed them such a terrible restaurant... I should've read the reviews here tonight before going. :(

The middle aged lady smiled at other tables that spoke fluent french (locals).

If you want to avoid a disgusting display of racism, do *not* go here.