“Over priced and amateur preformance”
Review of Moulin Rouge

Ranked #2 of 257 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This risqué world-famous cabaret, performed in a 19th-century windmill, has been exciting audiences since 1900.
Reviewed 8 February 2018

First let me say, this is the first review I have written. I feel I owe it to other to say, don’t waste your money! We have paid a lot less for a lot better show in the past. There are a lot better things to spend your money on. It’s way over priced for what we got.
My husband and I have been to many show in the US and in other countries, this show was the only one we have been very disappointed with. I guess we have been spoiled with some very fantastic shows. At the end of the show my husband asked me what I thought, I returned the question without answering to see what he would say. His response, “it wasn’t very good.”
It was very amateurish. The dance steps were all off. The men dancers could not dance, it’s almost like they were just up there to look good not to dance.
We did enjoy the skaters, the drummer/comedian guy, and the muscle guys. I would have rather watched them the whole time. The 2 stars I gave were for their preformances.
We paid the extra to not have to stand in line, which came with champagne and a small box of macaroons, (3 small one). Yes, we did get the gift bag with the $10 program book, a key chain, video, and two small bottles of water, (not worth the extra cost). There was really no special touches for what we paid. We weren’t even asked if we would like a refill on our water. Most shows we have been to have an intermission, to go to the restroom, order a drink and even dessert. I agree with a earlier post, if you gave this high rating, you have probably never seen a good show.
Like I said earlier, I never give reviews, but I’m heartbroken for what we paid and what we received. I wish I could get my time and money back.

1  Thank 88explorer
Write a ReviewReviews (11,535)
All reviews
in 527 reviews
"theatre"
in 447 reviews

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We booked last minute tickets at the spur of the moment online. We elected to just watch the show and not do dinner option.

Show starts at 21h00 and we arrived at 19h15 via Metro. Disembark at Blanche station which is directly opposite Moulin Rouge. There are a number of food establishments situated in the vicinity for burgers, asian food and all sorts of fast food.

We entered at approx 20h00 and enjoyed sitting at our designated table with a perfect view of the stage. There was live music to keep guests entertained prior to the show.

The show is a non stop musical extravaganza with fantastic sets, mesmerising costume changes and beautiful dancers.

Well worth the cost of the ticket in the theatre.

The show lasted approximately 2 hours.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Simply one of the best shows you will ever see in you life. It was the most enjoyable activity I done when went to Paris. Show with Champaign, something would never forget

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

You get a bottle of champagne with your tickets. Try to get there early, there is no assigned sitting so, best tables go first. Really good show. Tasteful topless dancing. Other really cool acts.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Well, I have just read a review of this written by a trip advisor who only gave this 1 star. Well, I'm sorry, I disagree...It was a really fun night out. We had champagne, we did not eat, had good seats, albeit quite cramped...not a lot of room between tables.. and a good view and really enjoyed it. It is the Moulin Rouge!! One has to go and experience it! The show was slick and professional. The costumes were amazing. There were bare breasts and very minimal costumes sometimes. The dancers all had fabulous bodies but with the very elaborate costumes, were sometimes doing more 'strutting' than dancing. The Can-Can was very energetic and fun and i would have liked to have seen it again as an 'encore' in the 'traditional style' dress. That would have been a great finish! There were male dancers and it would have been good if they had bared a chest too, but they did not. The acts in between were extraordinary...really superb!! And the show was full of colour and feathers! Yes, it is expensive, but everything seems to be very expensive in Paris!! And I am very pleased I went!!!