“Shopping street”
Review of Montmartre

Ranked #15 of 2,253 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the 18th Arrondissement, this elevated rural neighborhood on the outskirts of the city has a collection of upscale shops and cafés and still exudes hints of old village charm.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

It's a great visit for Shopping. Prices here are cheap as compared to other famous streets of Paris. The best one is a Lindt shop - from here you can buy best Swiss chocolate at best price. Believe it or not prices for chocolate here are even cheaper than any Airport duty free.

Write a ReviewReviews (17,372)
All reviews
in 519 reviews
"caricature"
in 124 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We spent the day exploring Montmartre. From the incredible views at the Sacre Coeur to the artists on the streets and the very interesting Montmartre cemetery where Edgar Vegas is buried. My daughter's both had their portraits sketched and they are keepsakes we will have a lifetime to remember our trip

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband is an artist and I was really looking forward to this place. Let me start off by saying it was wonderful and the artists are truly talented. Being able to watch artists at work was a lot of fun and rewarding. We made the mistake of separating from the crowd along the side of the building to talk. We were quickly approached by a drunken "artist" who started talking to us. Immediately, he started cutting from a piece of paper while talking to us and our daughters about his family, his travels, etc. When he finished with the piece of paper, he said, "This is my job, now you pay me" and handed it to my 9 year old daughter. I looked at him and said, "You came to the wrong people, we don't have euros on us". He said, "I made this for you, now you pay me. How do we settle this?" I raised my voice and said, "Then we give it back to you because we never asked you for this". By this time, we had made a bit of a scene, so he quickly kissed my daughter's head and said, "Have a great trip".
Word to the wise: Don't stop moving. And if you do, be insistent and make a scene if you have to.
There were a lot of police on site and I was certain this certain drunken "artist" did not have a permit to be in the square.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Montmartre was so much fun! Lots of shopping at local shops and boutiques. Plently of art, history and places to walk with the family. We loved the artist circle and the food around the area!