“Do they really have only 2 stars?”
Review of New Orient Hotel

New Orient Hotel
Ranked #366 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I booked this hotel for my trip to Paris after reading so many good comments here. And I am happy I chose this hotel. To me the location was very important as my main purpose of going to Paris is buying things from special stores in Paris and I could not be so far away from Metro and the city. This hotel was just 2 Metro stations away from Opera and it was a very short trip (by taxi) from Arc de Triomphe after I got off the airport bus from Orly. My room was small but the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was all friendly and they smiled when I came back to the hotel after a long day of signtseeing and meetings. I will stay here again next year!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed with my wife in a double room with balcony overlooking the Rue de Constantinople a short walk from the nearest metro Villiers. We booked late and this was the only room left for our stay from 23 Oct 2011.
I made the choice following advice from Trip Advisor and what a great choice it was. The Hotel was spotless, the room (22) on the 5th floor, was a perfect size quite large with a lovely old wardrobe with hanging space, large mirror, drawers and shelves, ensuite bathrooms with over bath shower, the bed was large and also very comfortable.
Watch out when opening the lift door opening over the stairs half way between floors in case someone is passing on the stairs.
Lovely views from the balcony, where we had a table and chairs, and enjoyed the evening with a bottle of wine from the supermarket opposite. Lovely to return to after a tiring day of walking around the city, and such a beautiful city too. No night time noise from the street below.
Nice continental breakfast with fresh orange juice, fresh rolls, croissants, jams and lovely coffee.
The staff were so friendly despite my poor attempts to speak French. At my email request the Hotel pre booked a restaurant of my choice before we arrived for the Sunday night of our arrival and confirmed the booking by email. When we eventually got to the hotel late after a lengthy RER train and metro ride (next time I'm getting a taxi despite the expense) the hotel staff booked a taxi for us to take us to the restaurant 7eme Vin (which was great). As our flight wasn't till late on the 4th day the Hotel brought our suitcase down and allowed us to leave it all day.
Definitely a Hotel that’s worth the price of the rooms. Definitely a Hotel to return to. We loved our stay at the New Orient.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard G M
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My partner and start at this hotel for 6 nights in October/November and we were very happy with the amenities the hotel has to offer. Free wifi was a big bonus!

The location is lovely. A bit out of the centre of Paris, but after a whole day of sightseeing it was a huge relief to come back to a quiet beautiful area without all the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas. There were 3 Metro stations within 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel as well as a small supermarket across the street. We had dinner a few times at a wonderful restaurant on the corner “Hote Le gout”. Delicious! If you get a chance, please do try to go.

The hotel staff was one of the biggest bonuses of the stay. They were so friendly and only too happy to help with any queries we had. Before we arrived I changed our dates 3 times and each time I recieved a reply confirmation right away.I also got it into my head that I wanted a painting of the Paris to take home and the lady at the desk was extremely patient with me, outlining the best places to go on a map and suggesting possible alternatives. Considering it was a Thursday and there were none of the usual markets open it really was helpful to have her help (we found one).

The beds were extremely comfortable, and the sheets were so soft! The only suggestion I have is perhaps getting better pillows. They were large square ones made of down, comfortable but no support and you need a few of them. The rooms are small, but comfortable and beautifully decorated. We had a balcony room and it was nice to step out and look out in the morning. There was absolutely no noise at all when the doors were shut so a great nights sleep is easy.

The bathrooms have all recently been refurbished and are all small but extremely clean and comfortable.

All in all a great hotel for the price and we will definitely be staying again. Thank you to the staff at the New Orient Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, and consider bringing your own pillow if you have neck problems like me.
1  Thank Grace P
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My wife and I spent the last three nights of our two week vacation at the delightful New Orient Hotel. It is situated in a safe neighborhood in the 8th Arrondissement with excellent access to the metro, a local market, numerous restaurants, a boulangerie and a patisserie. The Paris Conservatory of Music is also located nearby, providing an interesting and eclectic mix of shops catering to music students. Like other reviewers we found our room to be a bit small but very comfortable. The decor was inviting mixture of contemporary and traditional styles. The bathroom was larger than expected and well appointed. Everything worked great including the water pressure and temperature controls. A small balcony was accessible through a pair of french doors and was furnished with a small table, two chairs, and a big flower box overflowing with bright red gardenias. It was fun to sit and watch Parisians go about their daily lives while sipping wine and enjoying a macaron or a nice frommage. The walls are typical of older construction, i.e. lacking sound-proofing, but the management has thoughtfully limited the volume control on the television. The bed and linens were very comfortable. The room was clean and the maid staff keep it that way for the duration of our stay. The reception staff were attentive and professional. The one curiosity was the elevator providing service to landings in-between floors. This was not an issue because the reception staff insisted on delivering our luggage to our room, and retrieving it at the end of our stay. Overall, this proved to be a great experience and an outstanding value! I highly recommend the New Orient Hotel!

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the New Orient Hotel! The staff was charming and very welcoming. They made us feel at home from the moment we walked in. We were delighted by the room. It was small (by American standards) but clean, comfortable, and outfitted with lovely antiques. The view from the window was beautiful! The breakfast was delicious. The location was great, near two Metro lines and just a short walk away from Gare St. Lazare. What else is there to say except you should stay here when you go to Paris!

Room Tip: If you don't mind a small room, the top floor facing the street offers great rooftop views.