US$194
US$157
US$317
US$209
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$552
US$119
US$116
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$162
Hotel R de Paris(Paris)
US$173
US$162
1,195 results
All reviewsgare st lazaregrocery store across the streettwo metro stationsminute walkcharming hotelsmall hotelfew blocksbreakfast roomvilliersbalconyeuropeneighborhoodfrenchelevatorruecafesparisian
Reviewed 16 December 2011

For value of money this place can't be beaten in Paris. Lovely staff and great rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This hotel is lovely and the staff are incredibly helpful. The service we received was personal and everyone took great care to ensure we had everything we needed. Whilst the room we had was small (to be expected with Parisian hotels) we had everything we needed and it felt very homely. It was nice to stay in an independent hotel that none of the impersonal touches of a large chain. I can't understand why it's only a 2 star. I'll definitely stay again and recommend it to others,

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Stayed here for 5 days in November and was very glad I did.

Had a very friendly welcome from the lady at the front desk (owner?) and checked in with no fuss. Also overheard her giving good advice to others about local events and shops. There's a small collection of guide books (I donated mine) as well.

Single room was small and tastefully furnished and had a comfy double bed, safe, LCD TV and sufficient wardrobe space. Fast free WiFi was also available. The housekeeping was very good - the room was spotless. There was a good radiator as well but TBH I never found the room cold enough to use it.

My room was facing away from the street and was mostly very quiet. There is a little noise from the plumbing but this is inevitable in these sort of buildings. It was never a great problem.

The bathroom was tiny but again was very clean. Amenities were limited to hand soap and a combo shampoo/shower gel (much better than small sachets or bottles) but TBH you didn't need anything else.

The location of the hotel is almost ideal. You're equi-distant from about four Metro stations. Gare Saint-Lazare is a ten minute walk away from where you can get an RER to Gare du Nord.
A few more minutes south and you're on Bd Haussmann and the big department stores.

If you want to avoid the tourists though head North to the 17e arrondissement where you'll find roads like Rue de Levis with several boulangeries, boucheries etc. and you see what daily Parisian life is like (it mostly seems to revolve around food).

I had a great time in Paris and I'm already planning my return. Let's hope I can stay at New Orient again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank rmajumdar
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here while exploring the museums in Paris. The hotel was really easy to find, pretty conveniently located near Montmartre and 3 metro stops. This place definitely has more of a B&B feel to it, but they have a 24-hour front desk. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations for food & drink. Our room was very nice & cozy - the stairwell was TINY & very steep, but luckily they had a little elevator. We didn't spend much time in the room, honestly, but we slept fine and I enjoyed the view of the busy street below. The decor was "classic", I'd say. They had free wifi in the hotel which was pretty good. We didn't eat breakfast there, but there are several good bakeries close by.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emandj
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I made my booking for this hotel about 1 month before my trip, and I received a confirmation email shortly after that. However, to my shock a few days before the trip, I received another email informing me that my room booking was cancelled! When I produce the confirmation email, I was ignored... I was so disappointed and upset at the reliability and service I received from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
12  Thank Cave_latte
umee, Directeur général at New Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Dear Madame or Sir,

We are quite chocked to read your review and really would like to know your name, booking request dates inorder to check this matter correctly.

We have 2 ways of bookings
1) through our booking on line system which is mostly on request as our hotel is very full and we want to avoid any over booking. It means that if you make a request, or we decline it if we don't have the availability or we accept it and it that case you can finalize the booking and you receive an official booking confirmation on which appears the deposit paid to secure the booking. Sometimes some guests forget to finalize the booking and in that case they receive a warning that if they don't answer in the requested time limit, the booking option will expire.

2) you make a request out of the on line system and in that case we answer you directly per Email if we have the availability or not.
If we have the availability, we ask a deposit to secure the booking and your written authorization to charge the deposit amount on a credit card or eventually you can also send a bank transfer.
Once this has been done, you receive an internal official booking confirmation precising the dates, the deposit payment, the rest amount to pay.If we don't receive the written deposit payment authorization, we remind it again per E-mail. If after a reminder, we don't receive the written authorization to charge the deposit amount, we consider that the guest does not want the booking anymore and we send him an E-mail informing that we consider that the booking is cancelled which is perfectly correct. We are really very carefull and respectfull with deposit payment and we don't charge a card without this written authorization.

If you would be so kind to give us your name and booking dates, we will of course be able to know exactly your booking details but it never happened to us to take a deposit amount (which is the standard procedure to make a booking) from a guest and to send him an Email to cancel his booking short or long before his arrival.

We don't accept this comment which is totally unfair as you put a very bad note on all the hotel services which you even don't know as you apparently never used one of our rooms.

We stay at your disposal,

with our best regards