US$194
US$304
US$207
US$170
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$131
US$99
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$192
US$175
Official Site
Hotel R de Paris(Paris)
US$158
US$142
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$429
US$389
  • Room Service
All reviewspainted blackgrand boulevardstandard roomstylish hotelair freshenerany assistancedouble windowsgaleries lafayetteopera districtsubway stopwalking distancetop floorrestaurants and barsbooked a superior roomroom was a bit smallcentral parisnice bathroom
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Stayed there for a week. Loved the location a lot, you feel yourself in the middle of everything, which I personally like. The pricing is fair, it's a strange (in a good way), interesting hotel, with a not average interior.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Eva K,

All the Pulitzer Paris Staff thank you for your nice feed back. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you appreciated our piviledged location and service.

We remain at your entire disposal ans service

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This was my third stay at the Pulitzer in Paris. 5 years ago I found this hotel online, and had a lovely solo stay. And one of the best night's sleep I can remember, I simply passed out at 8PM and woke up 12 hours later feeling great. It was that memory and the great location that made me choose this hotel again when I visited Paris with my boyfriend 2 years later. He on the other hand wasn't so impressed - he disliked the decor and the size of the room. It's true the rooms are small, but I don't mind tiny hotel rooms, I've never had anything else in Paris anyway. That time we also had breakfast, which is served in the hotel basement. In short: it's not worth the money.

This year I went on another solo trip, and chose the Pulitzer again. The location is brilliant: plenty of food options near by, the 5 min walk to the metro is via the charming passage jouffroy and it's walking distance to the grand magazins (and montmartre I suppose if you're willing and able).
I arrived at 9 AM to drop of my bag, the ladies at the reception desk were very friendly and efficient (and I appreciate them gracefully putting up with my attempts at speaking French). After a bout of shopping I returned in the afternoon. My room was ready, rather small but very clean. It smelled nice too - I think this is actually some kind of house perfume they were selling at reception, but it wasn't entirely clear to me. But not air freshener I think :).
I tried to get an early night again, this time I had a bit more difficulties due to noise coming from the room upstairs and down the hallway. But as soon as the people had entered their own room it stopped, so I do think the walls are sound proofed, just not the ceiling and the door. There were also double windows to block the street noise.
I still slept pretty well - if there had been two people in that bed it would have been a little tight yes, but again I never had larger beds elsewhere in Paris either. The small queen size mattress was starting to sag a little on the sides so I just laid down in the centre, the pillows were all excellent.
Shower was good and hot (no tub), toiletries were nice. An actual hairdryer was supplied (instead of those horrible wall-mounted things) but it overheated fast - luckily I always bring my own) The towels were fluffy and smelled great.
I left my bags at reception and went out to enjoy my Sunday, and picked them up quickly before heading to the Gare du Nord.
For a solo stay in Paris the Pulitzer would still be my go-to place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank NinjaNeko
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear NinjaNeko,
From all the Pulitzer Paris staff our warmest greetings. Thank you for your kindness and for your suggestions; they help us with our continue improvement policy.
All the Staff remains at you entire disposal and service

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The key point of this boutique hotel is price point. It was very much on the low end for this location and for the price point I think it did the job. What I liked about the hotel was location and boutique nature. The hotel is just a few blocks from many metro stops and a 15minute walk from Gare Du Nord is always useful. I also loved the lobby style and bathrooms in the room and good quality toiletries provided as well as the fluffy robe. What i felt that was lacking was room size and room decor and upkeep of rooms. The 'trendy' decor of metal furniture doesn't work just looks grim as does the dark painted hallways. Such idea don't work with old buildings just seem oppressive. There was a few things in my room that needed fixing - Light bulb not working, door handle fell off and inside closet rail broken. I did alert the desk staff who were friendly and courteous each time we passed through reception. Doubt I would return here since there's so many great options in Paris but all in all it was 'good' nothing amazing nothing terrible.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank stooshpr

Dear Stooshpr,

From all the Staff thank you for your stay with us and for having shared your experience with other travellers. We understand you did not enjoy the contrast of our new bathrooms with the metal fournitures, specially found for Pulitzer Paris, and our clear rooms (daylight) and dark corridors. We are sorry if informed items and light bulb was not changed before you arrived or if it was out of order after our daily verification. We take care of checking everyroom everyday and everything is fixed as soon as found. We thank you very much for your impressions; they help us to improve ourselves. We are glad you highly enjoyed our Boutique Style in a priviledge location in Paris. Be sure that we will work even hardly to make you next stay not only better, but higher then your expectations.
Do not hesitate to come back yo us, we remain at your entire service

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We were there for a total of 4 nights (5 days), and our first impression was that it was a cute and stylish boutique hotel - nothing out of the ordinary. When we got into our room, we didn't really have anything to complain about. However, as the days went by, problems started to arise. On the first night the power of the entire hotel went out not once, but twice. We also noticed that the decorative sheets (not the bedsheets, but the shawl-like throw blankets) had white and brown smears that have encrusted onto them - they were clearly unwashed. Because we didn't want the decorative sheets to be put back on after room cleaning, we put them in the closet. On some nights we found it a bit noisy when people were coming in and out because of the thin walls and the gap underneath our room door (you can see a bit of the hallway carpet outside). On the last night of our stay, one of the bedside lights wasn't working so I went on to grab the phone to call the concierge, only to find that the phone wasn't connected at all. I proceeded to go downstairs to talk to the concierge/reception and all they said was that they can't do anything about it until the next day and 'sorry for the inconvenience'. We've stayed at boutique hotels before (and in Paris), so we know what to expect - however, we felt that many things could be improved.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VSit28
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear VSit28,
Thank you very much for your stay with us. We are really sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We are sorry that the person on duty during the night could not fix your bedside light . For our best guest security, when receptionnist is alone, he/she is not allowed to leave reception desk, only for emergency reasons. Your are right that telephone had been disconected in your room and information has been given to the 1st made, as it must be checked before every guest arrival, sorry about that human mistake. Everything was fixed the next morning. Concerning bed decoration sheets, please note that they are changed after guest departure and of course if necessary during guest stay; we appologise if room made did not realise that it needed o be changed during your stay.
We have not registered any fire alarm nor electric breakdown during your stay from 7 to August 11th, so we would be pleased if you could forward me as much information as possible concerning this matter.
Be sure that all the staff will work even harder to improve our global service for you and the rest of our guest. We would be glad if you could trust us, we will do our best to make your next stay as nice as deserved.
We remain at your entire sercice

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed there for one night and I had the worst experience I have ever had in any hotel I stayed. Small rooms with an horrible furniture - made of some kind of metal, very small double bed, dirty bed sheets. Rooms instead of cleaning and having good ventilation they spray Air freshener that you can barely breath. Breakfast - cold and tasteless. They do have a nice bar downstairs but you have to be very lucky to be serv. If you offer free glass of wine get someone to serve that wine and not that everyone has to wait for an receptionist to come over. When most of the time they are busy doing other stuff.
Management without any customer service skills - how they can work in a hospitality.

Would never stay there again

Room Tip: Do not stay in any room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank viktor-viktor86
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Viktor-Viktor86,
First of all thank you for your reservation. Please note that all the staff is really disappointed concerning your comment, as our main objectif is guest satisfaction. We understand that our fourniture style does not match your taste. Our rooms are equipped with fine materials and good-quality natural fabrics.
All of our rooms have a strong personality marked by the exquisite interior design of Barcelona-based Argentinian Maximiliano Zigart, of Luzio design studio.
I do not know exactly the room you occupied, as we have different type of rooms as following. Some of them I agree with you, with"parisian" size: our Standard rooms measure between 13 and 19 m2, our Superior ones between 21 and 25 m2, and we have one Junior suite with 35m2. Our double bed sizes are 140x190 in our standard rooms, 160x190 in our Superior, and 180x200 in our Suite.
Our chambermades clean all the rooms everyday, and our main Housekeeper check every room everyday. She finish this verification with a parfum, we are really sorry if you did not enjoy it. Please note that in that case, you only need to inform reception desk and parfum would be avoid in your room, only ratural cleanning products can be used. We change towels when guest put them on the floor, as it is specified in the room. Of course if guest desire bath line to be changed everyday, we do it with pleasure. Concerning sheets, and all the bedding line is changed before guest arrival. On the contrary sheets are not changed everyday during guest the stay, but of course when it is necessary.
Our charming bar and relax, and meeting spaces are reserved for our guest for your best confort. This is the reason it is very quiet and highly appreciated by our guest. There is a barman/maid in the evening when Wine Moment is served. For the rest of the day, reception desk is at guest disposal when necessary.
Please note that all the staff will be pleased to welcome you once again. We would be glad if you could trust us and we could proove you that your well being is our only objectif. Do not hesitate to come back to me; be sure that we will do our best to answer to your expectations.
We remain at your entire disposal and service