“Sensational, Atmospheric Hotel”

Left Bank Saint Germain
Ranked #141 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have had the pleasure of being a guest at this wonderful hotel twice and would add that in my opinion is by far the best hotel i have stayed in anywhere . From the reception staff to the wonderful management you are treated extremely well. Efficient and knowledgable, the staff bend over backwards to assist you. The atmosphere of this period hotel is amazing with it wonderful furnishings, and the way the hotel has been lovingly restored and cared makes the placeooze with character . The superior rooms have the very best linen and furnishings ,with comfy large beds and great classical french windows together with flower boxes make the place a joy to stay in . The bathroom are also beautifully decorated with classical tap fittings and great deep bath with fluffy towels.and french toiletries.Breakfast is a feast with a wonderful french buffet, cheeses and fruits goumet jams and baguettes , very generous and satisfying .
Original tapestrys adorn walls together with charming antiques make the hotel so adorable
Really love this hotel and the bonus is its location on the Left Bank ina picturesque small street close to gret eateries and bars and all great small boutiques as well . This is the hotel for me Highly recommended

Room Tip: I stayed on the forth floor facing the courtyard, so special beautuful gardens
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank phillipislandfamily

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have stayed in this hotel two other times. Each time had exceptional service. This is what I mean. The first time I traveled to Paris, I was alone and was robbed late Saturday afternoon (when all banks and post offices were closed) before I was scheduled to leave the following day. The hotel front desk clerk LOANED ME 100 Euros for food and taxi to get to the airport. Unbelievable!
Since I felt I was still getting my bearings when I made the second trip to Paris, I stayed with my friends at Left Bank--St Germain again. I
LOVE the location--near Odeon Metro, near Seine, near Louvre, so close to everything. I especially enjoyed opening my window onto the street late one Friday night in May, seeing the couples walking arm-in-arm up and down the sidewalk. And this may seem silly, but I love the name of the street--Rue De L'Ancienne Comedie.

So, for all of the above reasons, when my husband and I decided to honeymoon in Paris, I chose MY hotel again, but this time, we booked the suite. Imagine a December dusk in Paris, temperatures in the upper forties. From one side of the suite we can see the Eiffel Tower; the opposite side we have our window open--cool, fresh air. We have a clear view of Notre Dame, but even more wonderful, we can hear the Notre Dame bells chiming across the city. I will never forget that moment. From our hotel window on New Year's Eve, we could see all the fireworks and lights at the Eiffel Tower celebration while we comfortably toasted in our room and had our first kiss in the new year.

Have to mention Sinan--the hotel desk clerk. What a wonderful young man. So helpful to us in every way. This is MY hotel. I'm not sure it will ever be possible for me to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an Eiffel Tower view or a Notre Dame view. Or, reserve the suite and get both.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I stayed in Paris at Hotel Left Bank for a week. It is the first time we have visited Paris and I had researched many hotels in many locations before we left. For first time visitors who wanted to be close to attractions, cafes, shops and metro stations we found St Germain Des Pres to be the best location and Hotel Left Bank the best hotel option. We were really impressed with our hotel room. It was small and cosy with a lovely bathroom including a bath. It looked exactly as the picture on the web site showed (which doesn't always happen). We arrived on a very chilly Paris day to find a beautifully warm room with a very comfortable bed, the staff had put the towel warmer so we had toasty warm towels ready for us - much appreciated after a 30 hour flight from Australia! The area of St Germain des pres is a wonderful, safe area full of cafes, small specialty shops and galleries. It was a real treat to wander through its little streets during the day, but what really suprised us is how the streets come alive in the evening. The atmosphere nearly every night of the week was really exciting and fun. We always felt really safe walking the streets in the evening and using the metro was safe, easy and inexpensive. The hotel is in walking distance from Notre Dame, Jardin du Luxembourg, Louvre, Seine River and if you're keen for a big walk or jog, the eiffel tower. There are so many cafes around the Hotel Left Bank, we had breakfast in a different cafe everyday for the 8 days of our stay, they were all lovely, staff friendly, nice and so helpful with the language (most people were more than happy to speak to us in English even though I could speak a little French). If I was ever lucky enough to go back to Paris I would absolutely stay at Hotel Left Bank again - thank you to all the staff, we had a perfect stay!
PS: Make sure you eat a crepe with Nutella and Banana from the little takeaway shop 3-4 doors up. They are the best in Paris - trust me, I know!

Room Tip: We asked for a quieter room and got a room with an internal window looking out onto a little garden...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary-anne F
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We are two New Yorkers traveling on a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Our two week stay at the Hotel Left Bank in St-Germain des Pres was more than delightful. It was perfect. We stayed in the suite on the 6th floor. The window views are in both direction with the sunrise & sunset over Paris rooftops. At night we could see the lit up Paris - Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and St-Sulpice. Our suite was quiet on the top floor and the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. One to two more people could stay in the suite with the additional foldout bed. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Complimentary breakfast was hardy and a great start of each day. We walked everywhere safely. Every restaurant we tried was excellent and many were just a few blocks from the hotel. Even the boulangerie directly across the street was more than first rate!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mswillner
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here Valentines week for our first trip to Paris. This is a great neighborhood with lots of places to eat and shop very close. Also, many of the tourists sights are walking distance too. The staff was nice and offered suggestions on places to eat. The only complaint we had was the beds were not very comfy.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple