“Love this place”

Hotel Residence Henri 4
Ranked #149 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Great little Parisian hotel away from the business of Paris but close to metro RER and all that Paris has to offer. The rooms are small but nice and the bathrooms are good. Plenty of hot water to shower with. The breakfast was coffee, American style, and some rolls. It is probably worth the extra 8 Euros because you don't have to leave the property and they will bring it up to your room if you wish.
The staff was very gracious and accomodating. We felt very welcome.
The elevator is small but it was fine. We took the steps most times and were on the 5th floor. Not a big deal. A couple of times after walking all day it would have been nice to catch the elevator but we did not want to wait for it.

The Wifi was very good.

I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yourluckyday

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I recently stayed 8 nights at the hotel. It's in a great location, set back from a main street and within easy walking distance of Notre Dame, La Sainte Chapelle, the Pantheon, the Cluny Museum, and other sights, and the Metro and the RER. The front desk staff were terrific, very friendly, helpful and accommodating with breakfast at the hotel, arranging for cabs, confirming reservations and the like. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean and quiet. My room was perfect for me. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank ScoutNewJersey
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be a lovely little hotel. The room was spacious enough for 2 adults and children (and kitchenette) with balcony overlooking adjacent park. Also in cul de sac so very quiet. In close proximity were shops essential for that picnic - boulangeries, fruit, cheese, meats and again in walking distance to
notre Dame, Pantheon, Luxemborg Garden. Metro close by and opposite is bus stop that takes you directly to Eiffel Tower. Staff friendly and helpful - pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in July, We found the hotel charming, clean and well maintained. My husband and I had a Superior room with a sitting area and a little balcony. It was surprisingly spacious. My two teenage children had a standard room with two twin beds which was smaller but suitable. Both units had a little kitchenette which was handy for storing snacks, drinks. The location is great. Close to Notre Dame (10min), Pantheon (5 min), Luxembourg Park (25min), Marais (30min). There are lovely market shops just down the street for pastries, cheese, meat and many restaurants within walking distance. The taxi ride to the CDG is over 80 Euros, so keep cash on hand for that. Test the safe before using it, as we had to call the manager to unlock it for us.
The gentlemen on the front desk were helpful when I was trying to buy advance river cruise tickets online (although it was unsuccessful) and they made dinner reservations for us.
Things that were a bit disappointing included not getting 2 rooms across from each other as requested 6mths in advance, having to dispute extra charges at check-out for perrier and water that we did not use from the mini bar. I would recommend staying here and would return myself.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank pickering4
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed at Residence Henri 4 in May 2012 for 6 nights. I travelled from Australia with my Aunt and Uncle and Paris was our first stop on a 6 week European holiday. The hotel was chosen carefully to ensure the best French experience and we were not disappointed by this amazing boutique residence. We arrived from Charles De Gaulle airport by train we used the RER Luxembourg stop and had a 10 - 15 minute walk to the hotel. This walk is not difficult even pulling suitcases.
My Aunt and Uncle booked an apartment room giving them some added space for our 6 night stay. Their room was situated on the second level which was great as they were able to easily use the stairs and the lift.
I had two rooms during my stay as initially I was solo and then on day 3 a school friend now living in Germany came to stay with me. The first room was a standard room on the third floor. This room was sensational! very spacious actually larger than I expected, it had the standard kitchenette, a balcony, and a lovely bathroom with a window to the courtyard giving lots of natural light and fresh air. I loved this room I felt so relaxed and comfortable with the furnishings. The bed was comfortable and I slept soundly every night.
The second room was on the fourth floor the move went smoothly with the house staff assisting. This room was the larger apartment style to enable my friend to have a bed of her own and some privacy. It worked really well and we both enjoyed the beautiful french decor and the balcony which we sat on for breakfast in the mornings with croissants purchased from Eric Kayser on Rue Monge. Once again my bed was very comfortable and the lounge that was converted into a double bed was of great quality and comfortable.The bathroom was spacious however not as bright and airy as the one in the first room as the window opened towards an exterior wall. The kitchenette was the same in all 3 rooms that I saw and was very handy for snacks. The front desk staff were welcoming and always available and helpful. Confirming tour bookings assisting with internet usage and organising a very economical private transfer for the four of us and bags to Gare de Lyon on our departure. Thanks Hicham :)
The location of this hotel is fantastic with accessibility to the metro and walking distance to so many of Paris' best sights e.g. Notre Dame, Pantheon, Musee Cluny, Louvre, Luxembourg Gardens and St Germain.
I have already recommended this hotel to friends and will definitely return. I cant think of a better place to stay in this amazing city than at this amazing hotel. I have to mention there is a laundry just down the street and a supermarket around the corner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends