“Pleasure”
Review of Hotel Monna Lisa

Hotel Monna Lisa
Ranked #285 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Bad hotel, rooms are very small, I booked 2 rooms for my family and when I arrived to the hotel they forced me to book a third room , don’t booke non refundable at this hotel because, when I did that I booke the 2 room for me and 4 Kidd’s 10, 8,7,3 they asked me to book the third room and they know I’m not going to use it for my kids they told me this 2 room for only 4 adult , I told them, me and wife and 4 kids should let us stay in two rooms it’s enough for us but they insist to book the third , told them how can I let a 2 kids to stay in a room alone , they did not care just want me to pay .I’m sorry . Don’t book non refundable. At this hotel , so you can cancel any time .

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Hosam N
JeanMarieTalabardon, Gérant at Hotel Monna Lisa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Hosam N,

It took me time to reply as for me, you review should not have been published neither on Trip Advisor nor on Booking.com. Indeed, in accordance with the french legislation and official documents of the Police Prefecture, the maximum capacity of all rooms apart from our Family Suite (501) is 2 people (and a baby under 3 years old).

As you have well mentionned it, you had booked two adjacent rooms for 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 10 years old) but you were at 6 at your arrival (2 adults, 4 children of 10, 8, 7 and 3 years).

As Hotel Manager, I expose myself to very severe penalties if the law is not respected (2 years imprisonment and 75 000 € fine in case of overoccupancy). This being said, I came personally at the check-in and I did my best so that the 3rd room (which you have then weel used) in question was adjacent to the first 2, on the same floor, and I gave you a very special rate with a very large discount.

This is for all these reasons that your review is not fair and understandable.

Jean-Marie TALABARDON
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is a great little hotel within walking distance to the Champs-Elysee. The rooms are on the smaller side but what this hotel lacks in size it makes up for in character. The hotel is spotless, the staff were super friendly as so far as one morning while running late we missed breakfast, getting into our taxi one of the staff had come out with croissants in a bag for us to take with us, extremely attentive throughout. The rooms have little balconies that face the inner courtyard of the hotel so no view but great to have a beer and relax after a long day. When the Mona Lisa was stolen, the thief hid out in the hotels building with the famous painting, hence the name! The surrounding area is great for old book stores, antiques and curio shops as well as a huge selection of restaurants, cafes and bars.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
JeanMarieTalabardon, Responsable réception at Hotel Monna Lisa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Aïdan M,

It is a pleasure for us to read such a complimentary comment.

Indeed, our staff makes it a point of honor to take care of our customers even on the other side of the door.

We hope to leave you an imperishable souvenir of your stay in Paris so that you can return as soon as possible for new adventures.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Our family of five had two rooms at Monna Lisa. The rooms are beautiful and the family suite is very spacious. The location is excellent with many restaurants and shops nearby. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and kind. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Family Schink

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our two most spacious rooms have suited your expectations.

You have been very pleasant to host and we hope that your trip to Amsterdam will have had the same success.

Come back soon to see us in paris, the Christmas market is great!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This cosy boutique hotel is only a few minutes walking from famous Champs-Elysee with all the shops and restaurants. The clean rooms are small but very nicely decorated. Besides we were away all day anyway just to crash at night (since it is on a small side street, it was not noisy at night). We can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
JeanMarieTalabardon, Responsable réception at Hotel Monna Lisa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear MicaZH1,

We would like to thank you for taking take to share your impressions with our web users.

As you pointed very well, we are located in a lively district, where there are plenty of friendly and cozy restaurants and bistros, also of course a shopping area open very late.

We are glad that you loved our rooms's style, which, as you know has been recently renovated.

It will be our outmost pleasure to welcoming you for your next parisian stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for two nights after I discovered a nice promotion via Booking. Knowing Paris from previous visits I noticed this hotel was situated in one of the nicest areas for a romantic weekend. My girlfriend wasn't too excited to visit Paris since she had a bad experience before a few years ago so my job was to convince her of the beauty of the city.
The hotel answered to all our expectations. Spacious rooms, big windows, street view but without any noise and a bathroom big enough for 2 people. The staff was extremely friendly and recommended us a great fruits de mer place near the hotel for our first night. The breakfast: Superb! At checkout we asked if we could leave our bags until the afternoon at which we immediately got the response they could stay all day.

I can say now that my girlfriend became a Paris fan thanks to your hotel so we're definitely booking here the next time we visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JeanMarieTalabardon, Gérant at Hotel Monna Lisa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor about the Monna Lisa Hotel.

We are happy to hear that your stay at our hotel was enjoyable and that it played a role in changing your perception of the city! Our staff strives to give the best experience to our guests and is happy to know that our services were up to your standards.

We thank you for your kind comment and compliments, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Paris.

Cordially,