1,474 results
All reviewsst germaincafe de floregreat locationleft bankfamous cafesconcierge staffboutique hotelwalking distancearound the cornerright bankmodern designrooms are smalldeluxe roomfavorite hotelwonderful hotelthe air conditioningloved this hotel
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Well, perhaps you'd like a bigger room. In Paris. Wouldn't we all? But that would cost a lot and really, you're in Paris, so how much time are you spending in your hotel room -- awake? Me, I was awake for about 45 minutes -- er, in the hotel room. For that much time, I will gladly sleep in a very comfortable bed in a quiet room (and I am such a pick about this), and not be terribly bothered about the piles of clothes, etc. I have to walk around to get to the bathroom. Not a big deal. Its Paris, remember?

Then, on to a very nice hotel breakfast. Truth be told, I have never had a bad hotel breakfast in France, but this one covers many bases for eaters -- fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, eggs, meats, coffee, juice -- much more than your basic meal. I had this fantasy of losing weight in Paris while walking a bunch and seeing all the smoking toothpicks... oh well. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day -- and that was my SAT exam prep talk. So there.

Location-wise, this hotel is perfect. I felt like I could walk out the door and go comfortably in either direction -- preferably toward Laduree... but truly, the location is perfect for someone wanting to feel not so immersed as a tourist, yet comfortable.

Eight years ago, my husband and daughter (then a bit of 11 years old) spent a few days in Paris and stayed here. Eight years later, we enjoyed a long weekend here. So, it is memorable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

In St Germain, blocks from the Louvre, close to Metro. In the heart of small quaint shops and restaurants. The concierge staff is AMAZING here. They got us museum tickets, made restaurant recommendations, knew us by name. The room service was impeccable, they never missed a cleaning or turndown service. An in-house co-ed dry sauna in the basement was welcome after chilly Paris days. Nice workout facility. Hotel lobby is beautiful, rooms are modern, updated but warm and friendly. We loved this hotel!!! We stay in hotels over 300 nights a year, this one is definitely worth a repeat visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We have just returned from 5 nights at the Bel Ami and for the first time, I feel inclined to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

The Pro's
No-one can fault the fantastic location of this hotel, right in the heart of Saint Germain.
Reception and Concierge staff were all excellent - friendly and very helpful.
The Con's
We had booked a package and were given a room on the first floor. The room was on the small side, but that's to be expected in Paris. However the window was so narrow that the room was really dark - we needed the lights on all the time. Also we were immediately facing the major renovations on the building opposite - so I can tell you that French builders arrive at 7.30am!
The housekeeping was poor. I had to ask for toiletries to be replaced when empty, and the box of cotton buds, shower cap, etc was not replaced at all. Presumably you're only allowed 1 for 5 days! We used the drinking glasses on the first day, and although I kept putting them in a prominent position, they were just replaced on the tray dirty! We had a turndown service on the first night, but never again.
The quality of breakfast items was good, but the choice was fairly limited.
Steer clear of the mini-bar - a Coke was 8 Euros

Having looked at other reviews of this hotel, I can only assume that the rooms vary enormously as ours was very disappointing. In my opinion, these basic rooms are very over-priced.

I would have rated this hotel much lower if it had not been for the superb location and excellent staff. It was such a shame that the room/housekeeping did not match that standard.

Room Tip: Avoid room 123!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelBelAmi, Directeur général at Bel Ami Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for staying at the Bel Ami and for taking time to write a comment about your stay.

We are sorry that you weren't totally satisfied and we would like to appology because amenities should have been refilled during your stay.

We really hope to welcome you back again and be sure that such a thing won't happen again.

Kind regards,
The Management.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

There is nothing worse than arriving at a hotel with your suitcases and excitement around sightseeing, wandering, or conducting business in a new place...and then discovering you have to return to sleep in a place you are uncomfortable in. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN HERE. Bel-Ami is in a great location, near bistros, shopping, Metro, sights, etc. Inside, it is a warm comfortable respite. Rooms are not huge, but more than adequate. Well designed and comfortable. Helpful staff. Have no doubt this will be a place you return to and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elbow16
Reviewed 16 September 2011

A great find in great location -- Saint Germain des Pres. Modern, nice decor. Decent sized room. Friendly helpful staff in lobby. I've stayed on two separate trips and would return again.
Good for couples or singles travelling on their own.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo