“I really liked this place”
Review of Bel Ami Hotel

Bel Ami Hotel
Ranked #172 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I just got back from a couple week business trip to Europe. I went to Paris, Milan, Reggio Emilia, Florence, and London. I stayed in some high end hotels (Milan Il Duca, Sanderson, etc.), and the Bel Ami was my favorite. It didn't have the biggest room, it wasn't the most elaborate, but it was elegant, clean, classy, comfortable, cozy, the staff were super nice, the breakfast was great, the rooms were well set up, the wifi worked well, and the bedding was delicious! I slept really well there (which is important after 13 hours of flying/travelling). There is no parking here, as it's downtown (but Uber works phenomenally in Paris), and the rooms aren't the largest, but it's totally fine. I've been in several high end hotels where they are just 'trying too hard' with weird room layouts and elaborate set ups, but this isn't one of them... the Bel Ami is well set up. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ldppdx2017
BelAmiHotel, Director of operations at Bel Ami Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Bel Ami, and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your Parisian stay with us, that the Bel Ami team took wonderful care of you and that the quality and service of the Hotel played an important role in making it a good one.

We all look forward to welcome you again.

Tony Jacob

Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Price is paying for location. Room is very small, very limited amenities. Breakfast was the SAME for EVERYDAY - not even one change. Soundproofing of the room was poor. I kept on hearing the room next door was using the washroom.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your stay did not give you satisfaction.
That the room did not match your expectations.

I wonder if you informed my team about your dissatisfaction because we would have been pleased to present you alternative choices.

Should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly and I will make sure you truly feel at home in a room that fits all your needs.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stayed for 5 days and loved the location & quality of the hotel. It was very intimate and romantic. We were within walking distance of all of the top sites and some amazing restaurants. The staff at the hotel were so helpful and friendly. We loved it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Raymonda,

Thank you very much for your kind comment after your recent experience at the Hotel Bel Ami.

We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations, and to read that you enjoyed our property and its location, your feedback about the hotel team will be relayed with great pleasure.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Best regards from Paris,

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

You can’t beat this location right in the heart of Paris. The rooms are small, but expectedly so for this kind of boutique hotel and location. We arrived at close to midnight at the hotel and all looked exceedingly tired. There were three of us, each with different rooms and the check in was exceedingly long mostly due to the fact that the gentleman who checked us in wanted to talks and talk and talk. Very nice, but we were exhausted! Then, We were told the restaurant opened at 630am for breakfast so we arrived on the dot only to find out they didn’t open until later (either 7 or 730am)!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Leavingonajetplane21

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your impressions on your recent stay at the Hotel Bel Ami.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our location. Your feed-backs are the only way for us to improve and to fulfill our client expectations as much as we can.

Be assured that the issues outlined will be carefully reviewed and I hope to have the chance to reverse your mind about the hotel Bel Ami upon one of your next trip to Paris.
Our breakfast well open every day at 7am. And please accept my most sincer appologies for our (night receptionist) I'm pretty sure I wanted to act well.

We hope to have the occasion of welcome you back.
Do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I know this is Paris and hotels have small rooms (except for Four Seasons George V and Park Hyatt that I've stayed before) but this is too small.
It's not acceptable that at early check-in (and notice it was around 10.30) our room category wasn't available but the next available category was immediately ready for a specific amount - not polite...
Also the breakfast was terribly confusing and one of the days the baguete ended at 10 am in a french Hotel in Paris

Room Tip: Avoid it, but if you choose it go for a bigger room or, unless you're alone, you won't be ab...
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BelAmiHotel, Director of operations at Bel Ami Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your impressions on your recent stay at the Hotel Bel Ami with the TripAdvisor community.

I understand your feelings about the size of rooms but unfortunatly we are not a Palace category and we are not able to provide the same product, service & rate that the two others hotels mentionned above.

About the early check-in, unfortunatly the Hotel was fully booked and as we were not aware of your expected time of arrival, we were not able to provide the room upon your arrival at 10.30AM. However, our team did their best to request a room in priority that has been ready 1h30 after even if our check-in time is at 3PM.

Your feed-backs are for us the only way to improve our client expectations and very important.
Be assured that the issues outlined will be carefully reviewed and I hope to have the chance to reverse your mind about the hotel during one of your next trip to Paris.

I truly hope to have the occasion of welcome you back, so please contact me, thereby I'll be pleased to welcome you.