“Good Service”
Review of Welcome Hotel

Welcome Hotel
Ranked #367 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I stayed 5 nights at the Welcome Hotel in Paris over the past week. The location was great and near many of the sights that I wanted to see. The front desk was very helpful on suggesting metro lines to reach areas outside the area. Quite a number of cafes to eat near the hotel.
The only drawback was my room was the smallest that I have every stayed in Europe. Additionally the ceiling had some odd angles that kept bumping my head into. If possible, tell them you don't want to be on the 6th floor especially if you are above normal height.
Outside of that it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Keep away from the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear Mabonifazi,

Thank you very much for choosing Welcome Hotel Paris.

We are very happy to read that you appreciated your experience in Saint-Germain-des-Prés despite the size of the room. You had the smallest room of the hotel, located on the last floor, that is why we understand your remark. This single room is charming but not large. Some of our guests book a double room for one person, in order to have more space and a double bed.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon for a new Parisian trip.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I always stay here when visiting Paris. I guess it's mostly about the location - right in the middle of the Left Bank and therefore easily accessible to central Paris. Also, the staff is friendly and helpful even when I try to speak my poor French. I definitely recommond it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Swisschik1,

Thank you very much for staying at Welcome Hotel again.

It is very kind of you to take time to share your experience with other travelers. Welcome Hotel is very lucky to be located in the deep heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It is central and lively by day and night. And our staff know the area very well. They have good advices and recommendations for your stay.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon, maybe in December to enjoy Christmas lights in Paris...

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This hotel is a great value for the money. It is not luxury, but it is clean and pleasant. Some of the rooms can be quite small. The staff was outstanding with their friendliness and helpfulness.

The location is excellent. The Louvre and Musée d'Orsay are within reasonable walking distance. Metro stations are nearby. Many good cafes are close to the hotel. Grocery stores and bakeries just a few steps away. A good ice cream shop is just across the street.

I first learned of this hotel from my stepfather who stayed there in the early 1990s. I then stayed there myself in in the late 1990s. I have recently returned again and am pleased with it.

Room Tip: Room 62 was nice. It had slanted ceilings, so it is probably not the best choice for a tall person...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Cultures_Jewel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor!

What a pleasure for our team to read that you still appreciate staying at Welcome Hotel!
Saint-Germain-des-Prés is one of the most attractive area of Paris, and one of the most expensive too. That is why we are just a few 2 star hotels in the district. It allows us to propose good rates in a central and so fantastic district! :)

We do hope that you had a nice trip back home and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The staff could be more friendly, but in general I recomend Welcome Hotel. I had confortable bed, clean room, nice view from my room (Eiffel TTower) as I request and the localization is very, very good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Msilva_187112,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review online.

First of all, we are sincerely sorry to read your remark about our staff. As you can see on other comments, they are used to be very friendly, accommodating, smiling and helpful. As welcoming is more than a job for our team, we took note of your remark and we transmitted to our different services.

Secondly, we are very happy to see that had a great time in Paris and in Welcome Hotel. We do hope that you had a nice trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

As a frequent visitor to Paris over the last 15 years, I have made this my go to hotel. I love the location on Rue de Buci in St Germain. Staff is always helpful and speaks good English. Rooms are small but clean. Elevator is tiny but can still fit a large suitcase.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Vrock,

Thank you very much for staying at Welcome Hotel.

Our staff had a large smile after reading your nice comment, because you summarize well our hotel. Simplicity, comfort, location, and friendly staff!
Right at the door, you are in the real Paris, small streets, shops, cafés, restaurants, galleries... Welcome to Saint-Germain-des-Prés!

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon for a new visit of Paris.