All reviews rue de seine grocery store right across the street great location saint german les deux magots odeon metro lively street tiny elevator walking distance left bank st germain corner room noise from the street rooms are small comfortable room light sleeper would stay here again
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I always stay here when visiting Paris. I guess it's mostly about the location - right in the middle of the Left Bank and therefore easily accessible to central Paris. Also, the staff is friendly and helpful even when I try to speak my poor French. I definitely recommond it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Swisschik1,

Thank you very much for staying at Welcome Hotel again.

It is very kind of you to take time to share your experience with other travelers. Welcome Hotel is very lucky to be located in the deep heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It is central and lively by day and night. And our staff know the area very well. They have good advices and recommendations for your stay.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon, maybe in December to enjoy Christmas lights in Paris...

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This hotel is a great value for the money. It is not luxury, but it is clean and pleasant. Some of the rooms can be quite small. The staff was outstanding with their friendliness and helpfulness.

The location is excellent. The Louvre and Musée d'Orsay are within reasonable walking distance. Metro stations are nearby. Many good cafes are close to the hotel. Grocery stores and bakeries just a few steps away. A good ice cream shop is just across the street.

I first learned of this hotel from my stepfather who stayed there in the early 1990s. I then stayed there myself in in the late 1990s. I have recently returned again and am pleased with it.

Room Tip: Room 62 was nice. It had slanted ceilings, so it is probably not the best choice for a tall person. But, it was otherwise roomy.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Cultures_Jewel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor!

What a pleasure for our team to read that you still appreciate staying at Welcome Hotel!
Saint-Germain-des-Prés is one of the most attractive area of Paris, and one of the most expensive too. That is why we are just a few 2 star hotels in the district. It allows us to propose good rates in a central and so fantastic district! :)

We do hope that you had a nice trip back home and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The staff could be more friendly, but in general I recomend Welcome Hotel. I had confortable bed, clean room, nice view from my room (Eiffel TTower) as I request and the localization is very, very good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauriane C, Responsable relations publiques at Welcome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Msilva_187112,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review online.

First of all, we are sincerely sorry to read your remark about our staff. As you can see on other comments, they are used to be very friendly, accommodating, smiling and helpful. As welcoming is more than a job for our team, we took note of your remark and we transmitted to our different services.

Secondly, we are very happy to see that had a great time in Paris and in Welcome Hotel. We do hope that you had a nice trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

As a frequent visitor to Paris over the last 15 years, I have made this my go to hotel. I love the location on Rue de Buci in St Germain. Staff is always helpful and speaks good English. Rooms are small but clean. Elevator is tiny but can still fit a large suitcase.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Vrock,

Thank you very much for staying at Welcome Hotel.

Our staff had a large smile after reading your nice comment, because you summarize well our hotel. Simplicity, comfort, location, and friendly staff!
Right at the door, you are in the real Paris, small streets, shops, cafés, restaurants, galleries... Welcome to Saint-Germain-des-Prés!

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon for a new visit of Paris.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

spotlessly clean room in a location close to the metro, rer, louvre, notre dame,countless restaurants and cafes. would stay here again for sure. owner very friendly and welcoming. appreciated the little elevator. room was surprisingly quiet.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Ev O,

Thank you very much for your nice review on Trip Advisor.

Welcome Hotel is a two star hotel, simple and comfortable, located in a 5 star area! We are lucky to be in the deep heart of Paris. You can walk to the major sites (Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre Museum, Cluny Museum...) or you can take the metro at 2 minutes walk from Welcome Hotel (line 4 to Montmartre for example). And RER B to the airports is very close too.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Saint-Germain-des-Prés and we look forward to seeing you again.