“My second stay was better than the first!”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #63 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was my second stay at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome. I checked in early and was delighted when the agent checking me in remembered me from my last stay there 18 months ago. He was friendly, professional and welcomed me back to the hotel. Although, it was only 10am, he found a room for me.

I was upgraded to a room on the 5th floor with views of the Eiffel Tower and the Opera. The room was large, modern, had a long balcony and had a great bathroom. While not large, the balcony was large enough to sit outside with a glass of champagne and enjoy the views.

I loved the bathroom. This particular room's bathroom was as large as other rooms I've had in Paris. There was a ton of space with a great shower and bath area. I really like the bathroom amenities.

The hotel provides complimentary Evian water. If you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you can order morning coffee or tea that's complimentary. I had coffee two mornings as well as a cappuccino another.

The service is top notch. I found the staff to be very professional and friendly. Every time you come back to the hotel, you are welcomed. Everyone from the front desk staff to the people in the spa to the house keepers and bellmen were all really nice. It doesn't matter how you are dressed, they will treat just as nicely as someone dressed in an elegant evening gown.

There is a small workout facility with treadmills and weights and a small spa with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. It's a nice place to unwind after a long day of walking.

If you want an old traditional hotel with lot's of character, this isn't the place for you. While the building is quite old, the interior is very modern. There's modern sculptures in the room that is not for everyone.

The hotel is located on Rue de la Paix close to Place Vendome. If you like to window shop or have very deep pockets, this is a great place. The hotels in the neighborhood cater to an upscale crowd. The Park Hyatt clearly fits in well with it's neighbors.

There is a restaurant and nice bar, but there's quite of bit places to eat nearby. The hotel is a short walk to Madeleine, the Louvre and other sites.

If you have Hyatt Gold Passport points, this is a great place to use them! I doubt you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are Hyatt Gold Passport member, you may get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear Guest,

I am writing you further your recent stay in our hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your appreciations with all our employees.

We, at Hyatt, truly believe that guest comments are the most valuable since it allows us to re assess our service and efficiency in providing Excellence in Service.

Many Thanks again and we are looking forward welcoming you back,

With best regards,

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme named "Palace" !

Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I spent four nights at the PHV and the service; level of attention to detail was excellent. We are Plat members so we received complementary coffee or tea in the morning that was very nice, and internet access (for all devices (Mac and an Ipad) included with the status.

The team at the PHV was wonderful! They always a polite greeting, a friendly smile and could not have done more to make our stay special. It’s interesting because they make you and feel very comfortable whether you’re dressed for business, dinner or for a full day of sightseeing in Paris. As other reviews have noted, people come to Paris (or anywhere) for different reasons and this hotel does a fantastic job of treating each guest as an individual. They maintain the same level of service if you’re in a business suit or casual. It’s a subtle thing and not as easy to maintain as one might think.

The bathrooms were great with some European nuances (the shower had an extra sink in it) but nothing you can’t adjust to. The amenities in the room, Blaise Mautin, do have a bit of “smoky” scent which I liked but my wife took a pass.

Overall I would highly recommend the PHV and, upon our return will plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank robertt773
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I paid so much money for hyatt. I know this Group from all around the world but here is so expensive. Evrything is high class, elegant. The hotel' s location is in the hearth if Paris. I think i will not stay here again ( expensive ) but everybody should stay one time i a hotel like this.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank adamdamme
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our property with TripAdvisor readers.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very grateful for your compliments.

We have well noted your comments regarding our rates but we sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to serving you again.!

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2011

After reading all the wonderful reviews about the PH Vendôme, I was apprehensive that I was setting my expectations too high and that somehow the PH Vendôme would disappoint me.

No worries. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was almost as big as the room. The breakfast was one of the best that I've ever had - poached eggs, mango juice, pastries, Grandma's rich chocolate pudding - I can go on and on.

Others have posted about receiving a bottle or half a bottle of red wine as a Diamond amenity. I received a delicious bottle of Billecart Salmon champagne. I don't know if this was because I am a woman (i.e. red wine for men and champagne for the ladies) or because I jokingly asked at check-in if my room wasn't ready because the hotel was still chilling my champagne.

Kudos to Marie Hedelin, Guest Relations Manager, for running a tight ship and for her friendly professionalism. While she was checking me in, Marie received a huge bouquet of flowers - a gift from another happy guest. She must be everyone's favorite.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bamboola
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind posting on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme and hope to welcome you once again very soon.

Furthermore, I will be more than pleased to share your appreciation with all our employees. and especially with Ms. Marie Hedelin

Reviewed 17 July 2011

There are many 5 star hotels in Paris but Park Hyatt is my top choice if you want to be in the 1st arr., want efficient services and modern decor. The service provided by the staff at every level is top notch and one of the most professional and efficiently run hotel I've stayed at. I've stayed in the regular superior room to the presidential suite and the service is equal regardless the type of room I booked. The breakfast buffet is fresh with a wide variety of choices. The food served in the restaurants and bar is wonderful. The location is perfect. And, many may not notice but the security is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank hpmarge

Dear Guest,

We are most grateful for this fabulous review of your last stay at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

All we can say is thank you!

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon,

Yours sincerely,