“Amazing Accommodations - Perfect Stay!”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #70 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We booked our stay using points, reserving two rooms since we were taking our little one. Although we had to use two rooms worth of points, we were pleasantly surprised when we shown to our room. Basically, we were given two rooms that were connected with a salon in the middle. What a amazing surprise! In the past when we were told that we would be "pleasantly surprised" by the room that we were being given, the opposite was true because it invariably ends up that we got a tiny room. The reception's idea of a cruel joke - in fact, this happened at what is now the Westin Paris near the Tuilleries Gardens (was Intercontinental when I stayed there years ago). Not on this visit, though, so kudos to the Park Hyatt!
The suite was amazing, starting with the salon which had a large flat panel TV, a dining area and living area. Instead of coffee makers, the salon had a Nespresso machine with different options for coffees, plus an electric tea kettle and traditional tea pot! Our master was very spacious with a proper king-sized bed. Our bathroom was out of this world large that wrapped AROUND the room. We loved the rainshower AND the heated toilet/bidet - what a fun way to sit on the throne! The second bedroom was large as well with two twin beds.
The service at the Reception and Concierge was excellent! Everyone was helpful and friendly. For a hotel this size, I was pleasantly surprised by how personal the service was. With 3-4 concierges, I always felt like they knew what was planned for us once I gave them my name even over the phone because we were out and about.
The one gripe I have about the hotel is the doormen. They were completely useless, especially the main doorman (bald fellow). I felt like he really picked and chose who he thought would tip him best when seeking to help folks. Getting a taxi was a trial because he never bothered to help - on one evening, it was so bad that a security detail actually went out to hail a taxi for us when he saw that I tried to do this. I did offer this feedback to the hotel via their survey and got a response back. What a poor representation of such a classy hotel.
Other things to mention is that we had breakfast in bed - very tasty and no more than your standard hotel. We didn't try their restaurants. The location is pretty convenient because it's close to most of the tourist attractions like the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, etc. but it's a bit off the beaten track. It is class to nice shopping streets and some great shops (like Hermes!) - just a 10 minute walk.
I don't think that I could stay anywhere else in Paris after staying here - it's really spoiled me for other hotels. On the next segment of our trip, we stayed at the Trianon Palace Versailles (a Waldorf-Astoria Collection hotel). Although it was nice, it was just such a letdown after the Park Hyatt. I will post that review shortly.
One last thing - those creepy sculptures throughout the hotel are soooo creepy! Seriously, why?! It scared the s**t out of me when I had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and they are everywhere in the hotel and rooms. Any light fixture and you're bound to see them - they look like melting mummies...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write on TripAdvisor further to your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme.

We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees especially with our concierge and Front Office teams.

We noticed your comment regarding our doormen. Please rest assured that we have passed this information to the department concerned and will follow up in order to improve our quality of service. Should you have any additional comments in this respect which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations Manager, Ms. Melanie Salas on melanie.salas@hyatt.com or myself would your travels bring you back to Paris.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Gorka Bergareche
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,455)

Reviewed 18 June 2010

I stayed only one night on the 5th of June for a quick break. I've spent a lot of time in Paris while I was a student many many years ago, so this trip was mainly for some shopping and relaxing in a good hotel.

I think this hotel is quite nice with some minor gripes. I had a smallish room (for a 5*) with a big queen bed , but it had a quite nice dressing room and a good bathroom with a separate rain shower, a separate toilet and a bath. The room height is several meters, so it didn't feel too tiny after all. The inner courtyard was pretty and quiet. I was not too keen on the several Rodinesques "figures" in the room. Weirdly, the hotel does not have pay movies (you can go the the reception and choose a dvd from a folder).

In general the service was impeccable with one exception, a young waitress in the lounge hardly looked at me while serving my afternoon champagne. No matter how much time I spend in France I never get used to this attitude.... Otherwise the lounge is really nice for a quick bite or a drink, it seemed to be frequented by elegant locals as well.

Speaking of which I think the hotel should impose a dress code, I saw several persons walking around in the evening in shorts and sports shoes... Also, I found it annoying when some guets let their child run around in the lounge.

I can't tell you much about the food, I'm a vegetarian and I have to say that what was on offer was not much and not very impressing (pasta with tomato sauce, anyone?). I tasted a couple of different wines, they were quite good.

The breakfast was included in my rate, so I had the buffet. It's ok, but nothing spectacular, loved the compote, tough. Three things I'd like to suggest for development: a better assortment of cheese (it's France after all!), the little baguettes are cute, but very hard, and it would be much more hygienic if the utensils on the buffet table had little plates where you put them instead of putting them in the bowls.

All in all, there are some minor issues for development, but I liked the style of the hotel and of course the location, and I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank MrsMK
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris and i found it to be fantastic. I had let the hotel know in advance that i was travelling with a baby (this was our first time away with our 4 month baby) and they went above and beyond in accomadating us.
We arrived at 11.00am and check-in was not until 3.00pm, however the lady at reception got us a spa room to change and feed our baby. When we returned from our lunch at 1.00pm our room was ready and they had very kindly upgraded our room.
We were taken to our room where we found a baby cot ready made up with a baby changing area set up, a baby bath with baby toiletries and a bottle /food warmer ready. I cannot begin to explain how helpful all of this was for us.

On one of the mornings, the concierge tried to help me find a good bakery and phoned around to makesure they were open and advised me of quite a few very nice places to eat.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable and had all the facilities that one could want.

I found only one fault during my whole stay there and that was when i was leaving, i asked a porter for help and he asked me to wait a moment as he was about to do something, but never came back. Despite this very mall fault, i would definately go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jennykp
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We're regular Paris goers but this was our first stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome. Check-in was terrible, since they messed up our booking. When they finally managed to retrieve it, they escorted us to a room with a queen size bed - not the room type we had booked. After we complained, they allocated us a different room. Rooms are ok, but as regular Park Hyatt guests, we were dis-appointed with the fittings. The public areas of the hotel are very stylish, but the rooms clearly tell that this property is a Hyatt convert rather than a new development.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank centuriontraveller3
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Loved this hotel! The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. The concierge made dinner reservations for us at hard to get restaurants. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was delicious. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was wonderful. I especially loved the heated tile floors in the bathroom. The location was great.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2010

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor further to your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

Thank you very much for your great feedback, it really means a lot to the team and is much appreciated. We are more than pleased to hear that your enjoyed stay. We will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

In an effort to continue our search for excellence, you should be receiving a Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay with us via email, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give us your impressions and feedback which is later shared with each of our Managers.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,