Des Ducs d'Anjou
US$291
US$256
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$243
US$176
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat locationlouvre and notre damepedestrian streetheart of parislots of restaurantshotel is locatedour night stayrooms are smallbreakfast roomsubway stationyogurtchateletrerpompidounightlifecellarmarais
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Don't be fooled by the hotel's classy website. I booked this three-star establishment expecting minimal, rudimentary service. I was wrong. The service (if you call it service at all) was HORRIBLE.

The receptionist who was there most of the time was rude and dismissive from the start. When I approached his desk to get checked in, he was busy greeting an older, white female customer and her child. He seemed really loving and friendly so I thought that we were in for a great customer service experience. However, once I got his attention (after standing right in front of him for 3 mins, while he plays with the child), he started picking up phone calls and ignoring us for another 3-4 mins. It wasn't the wait that seemed off, but rather the manner he ignored us, without excusing himself or apologizing for the inconvenience..etc I almost felt as if we were interfering with his phone call. Meanwhile, he just seemed annoyed with us during every interaction we shared throughout our stay, until check-out. He was snarky, rude, and made us feel unwelcome. My friend and I both noticed that other guests were treated with much more respect. We thought that it might have something to do with the fact that we are young, Asian women.

One most appalling experience I had with said receptionist was the way he scolded both me and my friend at two separate occasions about the key. When we checked in, he told us something about leaving our key with the receptionist. We're not sure whether this is just an option or a requirement. His English was so poor, we were both confused. Either way, we left the hotel everyday without leaving the key behind and we were never reminded to do so. One day we got separated and my friend came back without the key. She asked the receptionist to let her into the room, and he was upset and gave her this big lecture on the key and how much of an inconvenience she was for making him leave the desk for 2 minutes. (This is most ironic, as he was actually away from his desk for quite a while when my friend returned to the hotel.) When I came back, I was again given the same lecture, in the most patronizing tone possible. I'm sorry, but even if we were in the wrong, we are customers. The way he spoke to us was simply inappropriate and unpleasant.

Some other receptionists were actually acceptable, but most were not great. We asked another whether shops at Champs Elysees would be open on July 14. He gave us a resounding are-you-even-kidding-me no, but we went anyway and he couldn't be more wrong, the street was packed and lots of sales were going on. I'm not sure why he would give us instructions if he wasn't absolutely sure?

Now, the location is okay and is close to all important tourist landmarks, but the street below is a bit too noisy and busy for my own taste. It's also far from regular grocery stores and bakeries, which, in my opinion, compromised the whole Paris experience.

The room was reasonably sized, but the bed was very tiny. I don't think it is actually a Queen. Both my friend and I did not sleep very well because the bed was not very comfortable. Also, the bathroom - a huge pet peeve of mine is that there is no door separating the shower from the toilet/sink so the whole bathroom flooded after each time we shower. Also, the lift was very very tiny. We can barely fit a luggage bag in it! Otherwise, the interior design was good, but you already know that from the website.

Overall, I did not enjoy staying at this hotel and I would not recommend it to my friends. I don't want to get anyone fired or reprimanded, but I just want to stress the importance of good customer service to the management.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here?
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank asiapproach8
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Good hotel in the good location easy to find everything near hotel such as restaurant and supermarket and many shop around the hotel and the subway just the door step from the hotel ... From the hotel can be walk to "Hotel De ville" and "Notre-Dame" or even to "Louvre" for just only 15 minute

I stay in the suit room that very nice and big enough for traveler with family

If you find some hotel with the good location... Highly recommend for this hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
AudreyAnjou, Réceptionniste at Des Ducs d'Anjou, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Guests,

It is such a nice review and the whole staff member really wishes that your stay with your family in Des Ducs D 'anjou was a memorable souvenir in our Beautiful city.
Once again thank you for the time taken to send us these words which really motivates us to give the best we can to make our guests feel comfortable and bring some family atmosphere welcoming children with their parents, it is very important for us to know that we succeed in making you enjoy your time here in the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerly.

i like this hotel

close to big metro
............................................

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel with the friendliest, most helpful staff. Our room/suite was incredible with a balcony that had a lounge bed and nice table on it. With a full moon and gorgeous weather, it was hard to even leave the room... even if it was Paris. The location is great with lots of good shopping, cafes, and bars footsteps from the hotel. It is also steps from the metro - including the B line from Charles De Gaulle so it is a straight shot from the airport (taking the metro versus a cab alone will save you $50 per trip). It is very close to Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Latin Quarter and many other sites and was an excellent base.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz L
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Modern hotel in the midst of activity. Rooms are small (it is Paris after all) but well furnished and very clean. The lift is tiny, but adequate. The location is fantastic -- right by the Chatelet metro, a short walk from major sights, with lots of dining options nearby.

The hotel is located on a pedestrian street lined with many noisy late night bars. We stay up late so it was fine by us. As another reviewer noted, with the windows closed the street noise was inaudible (amazing how well the windows shut out the sound). It would have been nice to have had breakfast included (it is very expensive) or a way to make tea or coffee in the room, but there are several options just a few steps away.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple