Des Ducs d'Anjou
US$154
US$275
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$341
US$222
US$337
US$238
US$216
Official Site
  • Room Service
All reviewsgreat locationlouvre and notre damepedestrian streetheart of parislots of restaurantshotel is locatedour night stayrooms are smallbreakfast roomsubway stationyogurtchateletrerpompidounightlifecellarmarais
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my sister, we are both under the age of 25 and have done a lot of travelling in the past together. This is the WORST hotel either of us have ever stayed in, we did not feel safe, we were not given the room we purchased and it dampened the whole ‘Paris’ experience greatly. When we checked in, we were met with a 25-30 year old man, who after checking us in, advised that his day off was the next day and questioned everything we had planned and if we would like him to show us around. We both found this very strange and I have never had a check in like it. We said that we would be fine and didn’t need any help, but he insisted on giving us his number and told us to phone him. Needless to say, we didn’t phone him and were a bit concerned about the way he acted. On the third day, we returned to the hotel late afternoon and the man was working on reception again, he was with another guest, so we just said hello and went to our room. About 5 minutes later, the room phone rang, we didn’t pick the phone up as we didn’t want to speak to the receptionist as we knew no-one else would be phoning our room (our family and friends could contact us on mobile). The phone rang a second time, a third time, a fourth time, then we unplugged the phone from the wall as he was ringing continuously. About 10 minutes later he came and knocked at the room door. We did not answer. Then about 5 minutes after that, he knocked at the room door again and proceeded to let himself in!!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS. I have NEVER been in a hotel where the staff just let themselves into your room and completely harass you. He then tried to have a conversation with us, although, at this point my politeness had completely worn away and I was extremely angry. He wanted to know why we did not phone him and wanted to tell us where to go that night… not acceptable. He also asked if there was a problem with the phone, I confirmed we had unplugged it from the wall as we did not want to speak to anyone. He then advised that he was finishing at 7.30 and wanted us to go down to reception prior to this so he could give us recommendations, I advised I would not be doing this and we are not interested. After this whole experience, we decided to put the bathroom door across the room door and push our heaviest case over to try and lock ourselves in, as clearly the lock on the door was pointless. About 7.25, he knocked at the room again. We ignored it as we had before, next thing his key turns in the door again to let himself in. Luckily, the case behind the doors worked and we just shouted for him to leave us alone. He tried to persist, but we just kept asking him to leave us alone. I felt completely harassed, unsafe and very scared, as we didn’t know what he was going to do next. Your room is meant to be your own private space and I just felt completely violated and terrified to have to stay in the hotel another night. Another point with the hotel is that we had specifically paid for an upgraded room with a balcony, which we were extremely excited about. When we arrived and checked our room, there was no balcony. When we arrived back at the hotel later on the first evening after dinner, we advised the (other) receptionist of the problem, he checked the computer and said it wouldn’t be a problem to move the next day. We weren’t too happy that 1 night out of 3 was in the wrong room, however, agreed that this would be a reasonable solution. The next morning, we spoke to a different receptionist again to confirm that we would be moving room that day to be told that no, that information was wrong and the room we have is fine. I confirmed several times that I had purposely booked a room with balcony to be told that “we obviously put the best rooms on the websites so that you book the hotel. It doesn’t mean that it the room you will get”, so basically, false advertising. I said that I wanted it reported to the manager and stressed how unhappy I was with the false pictures of the room we would get. Later that night the same receptionist from the morning was still working and advised that as we have been out all day we couldn’t speak with the manager and that the manager would do nothing to make our stay any better. I would strongly recommend that no young female stays at this hotel and that if you do book a room here, be aware that you will not get what is described. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: this is a very noisy hotel, we stayed at the front, maybe the back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank scottraveller99
AudreyAnjou, Réceptionniste. at Des Ducs d'Anjou, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Guests,

What a bad commentary! How unbearable the behaviour of the receptionnist, it is not tolerable to learn that you had a bad experience in the hotel and it ruined your stay in Paris! How come you did not tell anything about the event, you came several time at the desk to ask for a room with the balcony but you did not mention what was the most important, your security! You are telling that the hotel made false advertise just because you did not get the room with the balcony:
First of all, you booked a classic double room and you get the classic double room, the classic double room with the balcony is upon request and only if it is available.
My name is Marie-Line Prisca Cuvelier, I worked at the reception, I remember perfecly the circumtances of your complain and we had a long conversation, the manager told me that the only think we could do to make your stay better was to offer you the breakfasts and it is very kind from her, she wanted also to speak to you but you were out all the day so it is normal she is very busy, she could not expect you the whole day long.
You refused the breakfasts saying that you did not care about it! Upon you check out you did not ask for any compensation then, so this absolutly to ridiculous to write such lies!
Possibly, would you be kind to contact the hotel because we think that your comment should be reported to the police.

Thank you again for the time taken to write the long letter which is: your complain.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards.

Marie Line Prisca Cuvelier.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Don't be fooled by the hotel's classy website. I booked this three-star establishment expecting minimal, rudimentary service. I was wrong. The service (if you call it service at all) was HORRIBLE.

The receptionist who was there most of the time was rude and dismissive from the start. When I approached his desk to get checked in, he was busy greeting an older, white female customer and her child. He seemed really loving and friendly so I thought that we were in for a great customer service experience. However, once I got his attention (after standing right in front of him for 3 mins, while he plays with the child), he started picking up phone calls and ignoring us for another 3-4 mins. It wasn't the wait that seemed off, but rather the manner he ignored us, without excusing himself or apologizing for the inconvenience..etc I almost felt as if we were interfering with his phone call. Meanwhile, he just seemed annoyed with us during every interaction we shared throughout our stay, until check-out. He was snarky, rude, and made us feel unwelcome. My friend and I both noticed that other guests were treated with much more respect. We thought that it might have something to do with the fact that we are young, Asian women.

One most appalling experience I had with said receptionist was the way he scolded both me and my friend at two separate occasions about the key. When we checked in, he told us something about leaving our key with the receptionist. We're not sure whether this is just an option or a requirement. His English was so poor, we were both confused. Either way, we left the hotel everyday without leaving the key behind and we were never reminded to do so. One day we got separated and my friend came back without the key. She asked the receptionist to let her into the room, and he was upset and gave her this big lecture on the key and how much of an inconvenience she was for making him leave the desk for 2 minutes. (This is most ironic, as he was actually away from his desk for quite a while when my friend returned to the hotel.) When I came back, I was again given the same lecture, in the most patronizing tone possible. I'm sorry, but even if we were in the wrong, we are customers. The way he spoke to us was simply inappropriate and unpleasant.

Some other receptionists were actually acceptable, but most were not great. We asked another whether shops at Champs Elysees would be open on July 14. He gave us a resounding are-you-even-kidding-me no, but we went anyway and he couldn't be more wrong, the street was packed and lots of sales were going on. I'm not sure why he would give us instructions if he wasn't absolutely sure?

Now, the location is okay and is close to all important tourist landmarks, but the street below is a bit too noisy and busy for my own taste. It's also far from regular grocery stores and bakeries, which, in my opinion, compromised the whole Paris experience.

The room was reasonably sized, but the bed was very tiny. I don't think it is actually a Queen. Both my friend and I did not sleep very well because the bed was not very comfortable. Also, the bathroom - a huge pet peeve of mine is that there is no door separating the shower from the toilet/sink so the whole bathroom flooded after each time we shower. Also, the lift was very very tiny. We can barely fit a luggage bag in it! Otherwise, the interior design was good, but you already know that from the website.

Overall, I did not enjoy staying at this hotel and I would not recommend it to my friends. I don't want to get anyone fired or reprimanded, but I just want to stress the importance of good customer service to the management.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here?
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank asiapproach8
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Good hotel in the good location easy to find everything near hotel such as restaurant and supermarket and many shop around the hotel and the subway just the door step from the hotel ... From the hotel can be walk to "Hotel De ville" and "Notre-Dame" or even to "Louvre" for just only 15 minute

I stay in the suit room that very nice and big enough for traveler with family

If you find some hotel with the good location... Highly recommend for this hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
AudreyAnjou, Réceptionniste at Des Ducs d'Anjou, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Guests,

It is such a nice review and the whole staff member really wishes that your stay with your family in Des Ducs D 'anjou was a memorable souvenir in our Beautiful city.
Once again thank you for the time taken to send us these words which really motivates us to give the best we can to make our guests feel comfortable and bring some family atmosphere welcoming children with their parents, it is very important for us to know that we succeed in making you enjoy your time here in the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerly.

i like this hotel

close to big metro
............................................

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel with the friendliest, most helpful staff. Our room/suite was incredible with a balcony that had a lounge bed and nice table on it. With a full moon and gorgeous weather, it was hard to even leave the room... even if it was Paris. The location is great with lots of good shopping, cafes, and bars footsteps from the hotel. It is also steps from the metro - including the B line from Charles De Gaulle so it is a straight shot from the airport (taking the metro versus a cab alone will save you $50 per trip). It is very close to Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Latin Quarter and many other sites and was an excellent base.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple