All reviews notre dame great location pedestrian street heart of paris lots of restaurants tiny lift within walking distance hotel is located our night stay rooms are small breakfast room yogurt subway station around the corner wonderful hotel chatelet pompidou
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

It was adequate. It was a suite we had on lev 5. Hardly stayed in the room except to sleep. Very close to lots of bistro's & bars. Easy walking anywhere. I wouldn't give it 4 stars, maybe 3. Like the other person said it is great for a bed in central paris.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I don't even know where to start!

I was organising a work trip for 40 people (a massive task as you can imagine!), and I chose this hotel for our stay on the 13-14th August 2016 as the location was perfect for us and for what we had planned.

Our rooms were lovely, absolutely no complaints from any of our group. We had everything we needed. The hotel was clean, the staff were really friendly and courteous (especially the gentlemen on reception during the day- apologies I have forgotten his name!). The breakfast was delicious and the ladies running the breakfast in the morning were extremely attentive.

I have been in regular contact with Florence over the last few months, and she has been absolutely incredible. It's really rare that you deal with someone with genuine customer service skills, who without question would go above and beyond to help you. Not only did she get our stay at the hotel organised, she also helped us with restaurant options that would take a large group as well as organising a mini-bus to collect our luggage from Gare du Nord when we arrived and bring it to the hotel to be stored until we checked in later that day. No request was too big or too small- a huge personal thank you to you for EVERYTHING!

The only downside was that the lift wasn't working, however being a group of positive people, we took this as a silver lining as we all got a good workout and burned off all those delicious calories we devoured during our trip!

Overall, we had a delightful trip from start to finish!

I'm personally coming back to Paris at the end of September and I am absolutely considering this hotel for myself and my family :)

Room Tip: The 6th floor rooms or street facing rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

To begin with, I must admit that hotels in Spain are much more comfortable for a given number of stars than in most countries.

This hotel is a four-star but:

The standard rooms are very small: they do not have even a proper wardrobe or even some drawers to keep your clothes, the bathroom is a "shower-room" (60 by 60 centimetres) with low quality wc piece and no bidet (in France!), the bed is very small, there is no restaurant... The personnel is aware of these deficiencies and is very kind and helpful

Now the good points: the location is perfect for visiting Paris, 10-min walk from Notre Dame, Louvre Museum, Centre Pompidou, la Comedie Française, Place of the Bastille, Sainte Chapelle and many more.

So: don't expect the facilities of a four-star hotel, but expect a great location.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Small charming and intimate hotel in the centre of the city. Recently decored and a bit garish to my liking. The rooms are well furnished, if a bit small, and the lift only holds one person at the any one time. You don't have to partake of breakfast as the hotel is situated near a variety of different types of restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2016

My wife and I booked this for a single night. It was a last minute booking. We stayed in room 13. Our room was fine when we arrived. It wasn't anything special, just adequate. The checking in experience was great and the employee was very polite. However, the room was a little warm so we cracked a window and then left. When it was time to go to sleep we tried to get the AC to work. It would not. I called the front desk and the gentleman told me it would take 30 minutes for it to cool down. It never cooled down and we had to sleep with the windows open which is pretty much impossible because of the hotels fantastic location. It gets worse...while my wife and I were waiting for the room to cool down I noticed a little spider in our bed. No big deal, that happens. My wife said that she had found one earlier in the bed. Woke up in the morning with bites that somewhat resemble a mosquito bite all over my legs. Spider bites? Not sure. The shower was terrible as well.

This wasn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed in but there is just no reason to stay here. The poor maintenance of the AC, the staff's indifference, the room cleanliness, and the spiders...it maybe sounds worse than it really was but the bottom line is why not just stay somewhere with zero risk of this? I'm sure the staff will post something in response to this and blah blah blah but again I would still say...why not just stay somewhere that doesn't have these issues instead of somewhere that wants to fix them or do better next time?

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple