“I agree - substandard at best”
Review of Hotel du Roi Rene

Hotel du Roi Rene
Ranked #1,634 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 March 2006

This was a nasty, disgusting excuse for a "hotel" - I wouldn't have let my dog stay here. As I said in my title - it was substandard, at best. The staff was pleasant, but only because we were young and female. Don't waste your money!

• Stayed: June 2003
14  Thank naf23

FLORENCE, ITALY
Reviewed 8 November 2005

My comment on this hotel could have been "average", considering the level of hotels in France. Unfortunately I had the bad idea of leaving my luggage to the concierge after my check-out while I was having my last tour of Paris. When I came back to collect it, it had disappeared. All which the staff was able to do for me was asking "Who tells us that you had luggage when you arrived in our hotel?". Sure, I always wear three or four layers of clothes on me and keep my toilet stuff in my pockets when I travel abroad!
Insulting.

• Stayed: November 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
glasgow
Reviewed 18 June 2005

Im astounded to read that some of the people who have stayed here have talked about this hotel as if its acceptable.
I could be described by my friends as being a bit shabby sheek and a bit messy. Ive travelled the world, sleeping outside and in many doghouses, but this takes the biscuit! Its an absolute dive. Id advise going to a Paris Youth Hostel as they are clean and effiecient and youll only pay about £10 for a night.
As soon as you enter the front doors, youll smell a musky mothy smell - ok, then theres the rooms, shabby, pubic hairs litter the bathrooms... the carpets.... yuck yuck yuck..... do i need to go on. Theres plenty nice hotels in the area, so why punich yourself here.
Im really suprised its a 2* hotel, i think there may be a con going on there... The manager is very rude to her staff too which made me feel bad everyday as the whole atmosphere was so bad with her shouting about the hotel.... I HOPE I HAVE SAVED YOU FROM booking this disgusting grubby unhygenic den...... The rest of the people who said this was ok...... well god....... i wouldnt like to see how they live! yucky yuck.. enjoy your trip in paris... good luck.....

• Stayed: June 2005
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 October 2004

We booked the Roi Rene through an agency in Dublin 2 months before we were due to stay there. We arrived at 11.15 pm on a thursday night and were told our rooms were flooded (although they pointed to a ceiling that was obviously discoloured for ages and had not just happened). They had obviously double booked our rooms. They then said that they were getting it fixed the next day and would take us to a hotel 10 minutes away. This turned out to be a half hour away (At night with little traffic) to a remote surburb of paris that was shady to say the least. the "hotel" was a disgrace. we had to climb a ladder into the attic and crawl on our hands and knees then to gain access to our "room" which was 3 tiny beds sandwiched together with only room to stand up in half of it!! there was a beam outside the door that we had to crawl under which had nails protruding from it and on which one of us banged our head and received a very deep cut which bled ominously. it was almost 1am at this point and we had no option but to stay the night there. The staff who brought us from the roi rene promised to call us in the morning to arrange new accomodation. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY PHONE CALL and were it not for the extremely efficient guy in the agency in Dublin we would have been forced to stay the remaining three days in that hell hole as it had been already paid for. I will go out of my way to warn everyone I meet of this "death trap", we even had to lower our bags down the ladder to each other in order to get out of the room. The Roi Rene is a Rip off, a disgrace, breaks all fire regulations and No Breakfast. Not even a receptionist in the alternative dump!! Take my word for this and NEVER EVER book there, it will ruin your holiday, if it doesnt end up killing you.

• Stayed: October 2004
20  Thank TravelBugSlave
Warwickshire uk
Reviewed 28 September 2004

Very basic hotel but very close to shops and restaurants. We were put in a room facing the main street and it was very noisy at night, especially from the church, the bells was ringing most of the morning. The shower was not very good and there was a big crack in the sink. Stayed for 2 nights and that was enough. Staff was friendly though.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member