“Rejunvenating”

Relais Saint-Jacques
Ranked #644 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I returned to this hotel which was far more basic when I stayed here in 1970 as a student!! I brought my daughter who is the same age (21) as I was then.

New leaves were appearing on the trees outside out window, a church bell chimed the hour. The room was comfortable and immaculate. The staff were delightful. The double glazed windows effectively blocked the street noise of the whizzing Vespas, but could be thrown open to the pleasant morning sounds of school children and University students bustling by. The attractive lounge provided guide books and comfortable chairs. We were grateful for the free wifi in our room. The metro was a short walk away, and we chose to head out every morning rather than eat breakfast in, so as not to waste a minute of our stretch of spring weather. For me, the chance to show my daughter the neighborhood where I had been a student was priceless.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 28 March 2011

The location was perfect for us, 2 blocks from RER but which requires connecting to Metro, and walking distance to St Germain and the Latin Quarter areas for dining and shopping. The staff members were all very helpful, polite and service oriented. We enjoyed and used the balcony which was a plus.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
sbanani, Responsable réception at Relais Saint-Jacques, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Bonjour !

I would like to thank you on behalf of all the Relais Saint Jacques Hotel Management and staff for your very nice comment : We are very glad to hear you had a good experience at the hotel!

We all look forward to welcoming you again at our property.

Very Best Regards
Seïma Banani

Reviewed 27 March 2011

We stayed at the hotel from 19 to 23 February.
The location is very good, advantageous: on the one hand near the Metro, the tourist attraction and on the other hand it is situated on the calm street.
The rooms of the hotel are comfortable, clean, equipped with everything what you need during your stay.
And I want to say some words about the staff: responsive, well-wishing and try to help in your request.
When we go to Paris in the next time we'll return to this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I'm often at the Relais St Jacques with my wife. We are a very old marriage (my wife's eyes are treated in Paris) and we feel here really at home, because of the kindness of the personnel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2011

What can I say about the hotel? After being moved here from another hotel we were staggered at what a wonderful place this is. Good location and with SUPERB staff, we were genuinely taken-back by how helpful they were. Rooms are a good size and well appointed, and the breakfast was tasty (although a little expensive by British standards).

When returning to this area of Paris, I absolutely would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family