“Good place for a drink”

Au Clairon des Chasseurs
Ranked #14,880 of 18,708 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This cafe is in a very good location where you can see the Sacre Coeur, watch the painters in Place du Tertre and enjoy the lovely surrounding. Take a seat outside corner and enjoy your drink. The service was efficient, our waiter even took a photo of us pleasantly. Recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was so bad, nobody ate more than a few bites. A frozen pizza, a strange salad with almost no dressing, a croque madame so dry it could not be choked down. Beer at 10 € barely enough to quinch one's thirst, and certainly not enough to soften the nasty, bland food. We felt robbed!!! Just a tourist trap to avoid!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Dont even seat to drink water, service is very bad.
And to make things worse there were drinks on the check that we didn’t ordered and the manager refused to remove from the check.
Stay away!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We only stopped to have a drink so can’t comment on food. The waiter was very pleasant and didn’t mind that my daughter already had an ice cream from another shop and didn’t want a drink. It wasn’t too pricey considering the location but you do get the odd "artist" asking if you want a picture or something which is a pain when you want to be left. This is the only reason its 4 stars.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

The Café is located just to the left of Sacre Coure, when facing the church. The location is great. The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating and the décor inside was very nice. I especially liked the stonework on the floor. The service was quick and efficient – almost as if they wanted to move people out as soon as possible – even though there were only a few of us in the restaurant. But that was ok, we were happy to finish quickly. The disappointment was the food. We ordered crepes with fruit for breakfast. The crepe itself was fine. The disappointing part was that the fruits were the old canned fruit cocktail where the colors don’t even match what they should be, as the fruit has been in a can for who knows how long. We are in France, it is May, there are fresh berries everywhere and at the very least bananas, but we received syrupy canned fruit. I would not have served that to a guest in my home. If I rated on food alone, I’d give this restaurant a 1. If I rate on location and décor, a 4 or 5. So I rated it a 2, as I was quite surprised they’d serve something like that.