“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Right up the street from our Airbnb, this local Italian restaurant, tucked away off the main square, is this little gem.
It doesn’t look like much, so we were skeptical, but we were hungry for something different from the French meals that we had been enjoying.
And while the ambiance left something to be desired, the food was reminiscent of childhood Italian Sunday dinners. Nice carafe of red house wine, minestrone soup, pasta alla carbonara and veal Bolognese were shared between my husband and me and we enjoyed every morsel. So much so that we left no room for dessert.
The server was friendly and French-attentive.
We were glad we stopped in.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Thank you TripAdvisor, within minutes of arriving at our hotel we'd found this gem just round the corner. Food was great, service good. One happy family!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I had dinner down the street from La Scarpetta and decided to go back to the area today. I stopped at this place, largely because the friendly waitress greeted me. (I also loved the prices on the billboard menu and the adorable, brightly colored tables out front.) I had a great pizza for under 10 euro, with friendly service to boot. The crust was delicious. It was a warm afternoon so I enjoyed sitting on the terrace but no one tried to hurry me on. The restraurant is spotless, the restroom impeccable, and no stairs to get to it, in case you are with someone with reduced mobility. I will go back here when I have company wanting pizza/Italian. BTW, the lunch menu had a nice selection of appetizer, main course, and dessert for 12 - 15 euro! It would be hard to beat that price for a sit-down meal in Paris.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

It was a chilly day , so it was nice to step into a warm place that had a lovely aroma of Italian cooking! Waitress was pleasant and helpful ! Great pasta dishes and yummy chocolate mousse dessert.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

The salads are huge, pizzas are great and the prices are very reasonable for Paris: 10 euros for a large choice of pizzas and pasta. And cherry on the top: the service is lovely.