Hotel Gay-Lussac
  • Pool
US$192
US$182
Orbitz.com
All reviewsluxembourg parklatin quarterbus stop in frontwalk to notre damerer stationdirect linetiny bathroomchocolate croissantstreet noisefabulous locationgare du nordroom was cleancentral locationboutique hotelshort walkcdglift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for four nights with my wife and spent only sleep time. Clean, small rooms. Comfortable bed. Central location, very close to Luxemburg gardens and easy walk to the Louvre. Kind, helpful staff.
Only negative is street noise is in room being an old building and single layer windows. Earplug may help if you're sensitive.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Comes with complimentary breakfast, bus stops and train stations are walking distance. for a bonus, a French bakery is right next door. Building is really old but it portrays of a real French urban neighborhood.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Winsome C
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I have stayed here 6 times since 1998. I love this place! Great location. Direct line from CDG to Luxembourg. Wonderful breakfast: delicious bread, croissants, and pain au chocolat. Great bus route right outside the door that leads straight to the Louvre. Yummy patisserie right next door. Very friendly staff. The night-shift man was very helpful and always kind. He offered restaurant suggestions and gave us a hairdryer for our stay. Nice hot showers with great water pressure. Perfect for our girls' trip getaway. Nothing fancy, but great for us.

Room Tip: I like that this hotel offers triple rooms. Convenient for our group of 3.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I strongly suggest to switch to electronic room card keys. The metal key that I had to hang on the wall opposite the reception when leaving the hotel made me highly uncomfortable. I could have taken any key when coming inside and finding nobody at the reception desk or a person who has not seen me before. Also anybody else could have taken my key. As a result, I did not feel comfortable leaving my computer in the room when I was leaving and ended up climbing the Eiffel tower and walking in the city with it. :(

Also some fruit and vegetables with breakfast would be nice.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The location of the hotel is perfect, you are just minutes away from cafes, restaurants and the lovely Latin Quarter of Paris.
Its also only 15 minutes away from the Notre Dame and minutes from the metro station.
The hotel is boutique and old school but I loved this, you really get a culteral feel. It is run by a lovely family who are always on hand to help if you need anything. The rooms are really big for Paris & ours had a lovely large windows that opened to the street.
I cannot express enough how wonderful & helpful the staff were. Upon returning home it came to our attention that we had actually left a purse at the hotel. The staff were amazing and went to the efforts to ship it over to England for us!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Thank you very much for your comments
We are happy to help our customers, and we will gladly welcome you again
Hotel Gay Lussac