“fabulous view”

Price range: US$67 - US$175
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Description: Taking Parisian dining to new heights The Peninsula Paris' crowning glory is the L'Oiseau Blanc restaurant, bar and terrace, located on the sixth floor of the hotel and serving up 360° views over Paris' most iconic monuments, complete with a retractable roof, making it one of Paris' most stunning and unusual restaurants. Relaxed and comfortable, the restaurant showcases the very best of France, with traditional dishes revisited and reinterpreted with contemporary flair and techniques by Chef Sidney Redel . Meanwhile Chef Patissier Julien Alvarez' talents come to the fore once again, with a collection of heavenly desserts and temptations.
Reviewed 15 November 2017

excellent food, fabulous view of the Eiffel tower, friendly service, solid dishes, great place for dinner with no pretense. does not feel stuffy at all. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone

3  Thank Enjoys_Relaxing
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at L'Oiseau Blanc Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for this review and your recommendations.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kevin Chambenoit, Director of Food and Beverage - The Peninsula Paris

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I took my wife and a business associate for lunch on 31 octobre. We were promptly seated at a table that had a beautiful, full-on view of the Tour Eiffel and all of Paris. Sacre Coeur was also easily visible on this beautiful day. However, as good as the view is, it is the service and food that really makes this restaurant a “Do Not Miss”. All thoroughly enjoyed our meals of fish and pheasant. The service was attentive but not overbearing. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant.

1  Thank tnc12002
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at L'Oiseau Blanc Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your comments and compliments.
I hope your wife and associate were as enthusiast as you about your experience at L'Oiseau Blanc.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

My husband and I visited the Peninsula Paris to check it out and happened to be toured around the restaurant just after it closed from lunchtime service (2 pm). While discussing our lunch options, the manager who toured us around made a quick call and let us know the restaurant would gladly stay open to allow us for lunch. Amazing service gesture, especially considering we weren't even guests at the Peninsula! (We were staying at the Prince de Galles nearby).

The lunch was outstanding--absolutely worthy of a Michelin star, and quite reasonably priced as I recall for a top dining location. We did their simpler tasting menu, and it was fantastic. Service was enthusiastic, very friendly, and very prompt, as well. They didn't miss a beat.

Many might come here simply for the great view of the Eiffel Tower, but for us it truly was the food and service that were the stars. Definitely a reason to stay at or visit the Peninsula!

3  Thank Bill R
ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at L'Oiseau Blanc Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear guest,

Let me first thank you for such an enthusiastic review. I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your dining experience with us.
I have already shared your comment with our team at L'Oiseau Blanc.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Where to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in Paris? We spend two months a year in Paris and have been to many restaurants but with a day of perfect weather forecasted, we looked for a restaurant with “a view”. We decided to give l’Oiseau Blanc a try and from the moment I booked, it was a delightful experience. They asked if this was a special occasion and I confided it was for our 40th. When we arrived, one of our severs met us, immediately knew who we were and said he had been waiting for us! We were escorted to the perfect table directly in front of the Eiffel Tower and settled in with a glass of champagne. Having checked the menu online, my husband’s dilemma was how to choose between the turbot and the pugeon, his two favorites. Fear not! They have a four course menu that includes a fish and a meat... problem solved. The food was exceptional, my first course squid and rabbit risotto as well as the aforementioned turbot, poached in butter, and the fork-tender pigeon. We enjoyed a lovely Nuits-St. Georges with it. Dare I say what blew us away? The bread! And the demi-sel butter! We liked it so much that we didn’t hesitate for a second when our server asked if he could pack some up for us for breakfast, as well as give us the address of the boulangerie. With candles in our desserts and well wishes as we left, we agreed that we could not have made a more perfect choice for our special evening.

ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at L'Oiseau Blanc Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

On behalf of the entire team of L'Oiseau Blanc I would like to thank you very much for sharing your feedback and comments with us.
It has been a real honor to welcome you to celebrate your 40th wedding anniversary, a truly special event!
It with a great pleasure that I already shared your positive comments with the team, regarding the service and the dishes offered during your meal.

I believe after reading your review that our team contributed in making this evening a very special one.

We are sincerely looking forward to the pleasure of your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

On the top of the Peninsula Hotel is a an excellent restaurant, with a very cool interior, fantastic food, and to top it off a very nice view of the Eiffel Tower.

L’Oiseau Blanc has a fixed price menu with several choices (3 or 4 courses available), as well as a 4 course Blue Lobster option. I chose the 3 course option, my friend chose the 4 course Blue Lobster.

For my starter I had tomato, with tuna, and anchovies, which was very good with an excellent presentation. For my entree I chose the lamb chops, which were cooked perfectly. In fact they were so good I even cleaned the meat off the bones! I chose their signature dessert L’Envol, which looks like the nose of a plane complete with chocolate propellers. This is one of the most delicious and unique desserts I’ve ever had, with an outer shell made of dark chocolate, chocolate mouse inside the shell, on top of a coconut biscuit, again the presentation was flawless, and the flavors blended spectacularly.

The 4 course lobster choice begins with a lobster bisque, which is assembles right at your table, and according to my friend was the best she’s ever had (and we grew up in New England). Second course had the claws in a basil tomato ginger reduction, again fantastic. Third course was the tail, cooked with verbena, cherry tomatoes, and peach, which was wonderful. For dessert she chose the raspberry, green apple, dulce de leche, and caramel biscuit choice, which can only be described as divine!

The service at this restaurant is top-notch, with every detail thought of. Waiters, we had two, we’re helpful with wine suggestions, and attentive without being intrusive.

I mentioned earlier that the interior of L’Oiseau Blanc was pretty cool. Asyou have probably guessed by the name, the restaurant is aviation inspired, when you step off the elevator it feels as though you are stepping in to an airplane from the 30’s or 40’s.

Now for the view, you really don’t have a bad view from anywhere in the restaurant, but if you book a table, ask for one by the windows as the view of the Eiffel Tower is awesome, especially once the sun goes down.

This was one of the best dinning experience I have ever had, the food, the atmosphere, and service are 5 stars!

ThePeninsulaParis, Gérant at L'Oiseau Blanc Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear guest,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write this review in such kind words.
I will share your comments with great pleasure with the team.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience at L'Oiseau Blanc.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon upon your next visit to Paris.