“Wonderful 3 hour lunch!”
Review of Le Cinq

Le Cinq
Reserve with
Le Cinq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 18,860 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$150 - US$500
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We dined here for a special celebration and it did not disappoint! I lost count, but I think there were more than 12 courses for lunch. My favorites were the vegan French Onion Soup and truffle pasta. After the experience, Chef Christian Le Squer came out to greet us. I look forward to returning for dinner someday soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,008)

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

The decoration is very beautiful, between classical and neoclassical, with a special attention for the flowers.

Service is formal, but very friendly. The food, altough having classical roots, tends to be more modern and even contemporary sometimes, not always so tasty in my opinion.

So was the amouse bouche, an interesting creation of liquid carrots and cherries, more surprising than flavorful.

I was supposed to have the lunch menu but, since I couldn’t change the dishes, I decided to have a la carte, choosing the two signature dishes: the onion soup and the truffle spaghetti.

The first was a modern version of a classic dish, envolving molecular cuisine techniques: beautiful spheres like little onions with a flavorful soup inside. I liked the creativity, but didn’t love the food itself.

As the main dish, the truffle spaghetti was the peak of the meal: it’s a kind of spaghetti pie, filled with a delicious truffle cream, served with ham, artichokes and golden leaves. The Pinot Noir suggested by the sommelier paired very well! It really worths the high price; in my opinion, the one that deserves most the 3 Michelin stars!

The dessert was a piece of art, the dairy-iced cake, soft and not too sweet, very milky.

Coffee and chocolates were very good.

As mentioned above, Christian Le Squer delivers a very unique cuisine, that sometimes impresses more for the creativity than for the flavor, in my opinion, but I’d definitely go back to have the truffle spaghetti again (and try other starters)!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I adore this restaurant! I visited Le Cinq January three years ago and had one of the best meals in my life. Thus, I invited my mother and best friend to experience the wonders of Le Cinq during our recent trip to Paris and this time around, I can only conclude, that Le Cinq is my all time favorite. Top of the top.

Located in the gorgeous Four Seaons Hotel, the beauty explodes in the restaurant with its maginificent flower decorations and stunning decor. Simultaneously, you will experience the hospitality and exceptional service from the staff right from the entrance throughout the entire dinner. You feel like the most important person in the world.

Once again, I ordered the Epicurian Escape Menu. My dear, what brilliancy! Even more sophisticated, original and superb than the first time:
Amouse bouche - creations made in heaven
Grilled white asparagus - never tasted better
Dublin Prawns - the taste, the combination...
Gratinated onions - lacked a little salt, my only objection
Fillet of turbot - best ever
Crispy veal sweetbread - by far the best ever
Dairy ice, yeast flavour - genius at work here! Just stunning!
Crunchy grapefruit - something completely different, excellent
Iced dark chocolate with roasted peanuts - sweet and tender in the mouth. Marvellous.

What else can I say..?
Is this the best restaurant in the world? I think so!

1  Thank Jes G
Reviewed 4 June 2018

It must have been 15 years ago that I last dinned here, I had long wanted to return.
The meal was truly outstanding, the creations were sublime.
The menú de degustación including wine for two came to over 1000 Euro’s, however, this was a gastronomic tour da force, a delight for the senses, the service was exceptional and if the number of front of house staff is matched (as I expect it is) in the kitchens, you can see what you are paying for.
Consider this a once in a lifetime experience, I am fortunate that this was my second visit and I already look forward to a third.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

we were looking very much forward to dine at le cinq especially after a disappointment the night before. the welcome was very warm and we felt at home immediately. the service is great. wonderful food and beautiful ambiance made the evening a special one. the degustation menu is a must.