“Why I took 5 minutes to write this review....”
Review of Le Sot L'y Laisse

Le Sot L'y Laisse
Ranked #471 of 18,333 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: République
Reviewed 13 February 2016

I am a very lazy guy, so when I'm taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor about a positive experience, believe me, it speaks volumes....

The place is nothing special, but the food : wow, that's is definitely an experience that is worth having if you're in Paris.

We started with the sea urchins and some sot l'y laisse : man, I can eat that all day long !!
The main was composed of a turbot and a squab : both were perfectly cooked, and the truffle sauce of the squab was a real killer.
The chef knows how to treat the produce with respect and how to make it shine at its brightest.
Only minus are the desserts : was it bad ? By far not, but not to the same level as the savory dishes.

Good wine menu.

Service discret and efficient : I really appreciate that (so rare nowadays in Paris...).

All in all a very good address, and definitely a place I would recommend to any foodie.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

This is another of these places with a Japanese cook. We were greeted by a lady who seemed genuinely amazed to hear that we had come from the South of Paris to eat at this place. Service was kind and efficient. The carpaccio de Saint Jacques as a starter and the "Colvert" duck and the Turbot as main dishes were quite good. The chocolate "moelleux" was simply delightful.
The style of the kitchen is solidly French and far less etherean than the one favored by many japanese cooks in Paris. The wine selection is very small and reasonably priced: the good but not exquisite ordinary Morgon from Foillard costed 32 euros, about twice as much as a mediocre Morgon sold by the chain Nicolas which is one of the most known and worst addresses in France to buy wine, which is very decent in Paris. The restaurant has three drawbacks: there is no "menu" at dinner, which means that a three course dinner will cost, exclusive of wine, about fifty euros (we were kindly offered the mineral water). At the first service at least, when the restaurant opens at 7.30 p.m., the place is cold (at least in January!) and the heating becomes efficient one hour later. The place is small and crowded and it is not so easy to recover your coat when you leave. Despite all of this I strongly recommend this place.

1  Thank G123HB
Reviewed 25 October 2015

We had a good evening at this charming and simply decorated Franco-Japanese restaurant. The Japanese owner is full of character but professional and attentive. And she knows her wines (good selection). The starters were excellent with some startling combinations of products and spices - I think the sea urchin was my favorite. My coley filet as a main dish was succulent and a pure delight, both to eat and to look at. Unfortunately, the magret de carnard dish was a big disappointment for my partner - the duck was hardly cooked and the "roast" vegetables on the raw side. Shame especailly at those sorts of prices: 126€ including 3 glasses of wine each but no dessert.
I will definitely go back as I haven't been so delighted with a restaurant in a long time. I just hope that the magret de canard we had that night was just a mistake and that next time the quality of the dishes will be more regular.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Myself and my fiancé ate here on Monday evening, although they were fully booked we managed to book a late table where we had the most exquisite starters, mains and crème brulee to share for dessert.
The food here was absolutely divine, one of the best meals I have ever had. The staff were extremely helpful and the waitress sat down and talked us through the menu in English to help us make a decision.
10/10 :-)

Reviewed 29 July 2015

It is always a pleasure to come back. The food is good, the wine list is interesting with a reasonable price. The service is nice. The ris de veau were amazing and the sea food gaspachio was very tasteful. Try the sparkling sake for aperitive