“Great lunch and close to Père Lachaise”
Review of Le Sot L'y Laisse

Le Sot L'y Laisse
Ranked #467 of 18,715 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: République
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I sussed out this place for lunch after a walking tour of Père Lachaise and really enjoyed it. The service was great and the food very good, particularly the creme brulee - could have eaten 2 of those... Nice choice of wines by the glass.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

The service was spectacular, as was the food. It was my first time trying urchin and the waitresses were very happy to explain the composition of the dish and it was delicious! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We have been going here for years and have found the food so consistently good and beautifully presented that not only do we go ourselves, but love to introduce friends to this wonderful restaurant on the plaza in Mouans-Sartoux. I have read reviews of the service not being very friendly, but we have never found that to be true. Not a small detail, their rolls are just wonderful as well!

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Tiny place, but well accommodate.
Food is very good.
Welcoming personnel.

But and it is a big one, the price !!

For this price range you can find better in the same neighborhood.

I won't go there again.

2  Thank ChancelierV
Reviewed 13 February 2016

I am a very lazy guy, so when I'm taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor about a positive experience, believe me, it speaks volumes....

The place is nothing special, but the food : wow, that's is definitely an experience that is worth having if you're in Paris.

We started with the sea urchins and some sot l'y laisse : man, I can eat that all day long !!
The main was composed of a turbot and a squab : both were perfectly cooked, and the truffle sauce of the squab was a real killer.
The chef knows how to treat the produce with respect and how to make it shine at its brightest.
Only minus are the desserts : was it bad ? By far not, but not to the same level as the savory dishes.

Good wine menu.

Service discret and efficient : I really appreciate that (so rare nowadays in Paris...).

All in all a very good address, and definitely a place I would recommend to any foodie.