“Ordinary fare | Pas très intéressant”
Review of L'Annexe

L'Annexe
Reserve with
L'Annexe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,425 of 18,567 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$31 - US$49
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Living in the 9th, I had passed this restaurant many times and heard good things. Entrée was good (roules de courgettes) but beef main course was unremarkable – and overdone to boot. "A point" means medium done (i.e., still pink) but my meat was mostly cooked through. And the maître d'hôtel had no interest in fixing it. At €75 for 2 people, we could've done much better preparing something at home. There are too many excellent small restaurants in Paris to bother with this one.

1  Thank Traveler_18181

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I came to Paris for my second time and had watched Anthony Bourdains 48 hours in Paris. I wanted to retrace most of his steps My neighborhood in Montmarte had some good places and a few great places that were better than say Bistro Paul Bert (on Anthony's list) one place is L'Annexe and the other is L'Entracte. I did like the people at L'Annexe better but both have great food! Try them and get out of the Paris rat race!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Happened to be in 9th A. at lunchtime (1 pm) last week -- in Paris for a month to study French and just out exploring. Saw four business types walking down the street and guessed they were heading to lunch and followed. One table left for a single like me -- only non-Frenchman in a packed (small -- 20 tables tops) restaurant/bistro. Probably best dining experience ever in Paris (many many visits). Aroma walking in indescribably inviting. Food wonderful, tasty, traditional, fresh, carefully prepared .... like you think doesnt exist any more. Brioche perdu with caramel sauce for dessert extraordinary. My wife arrived today, took her immediately and she couldn't believe how special it was. Would prefer to keep it secret but owners deserve the recognition.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Like many before us, after reading such positive reviews on TA we went to this restaurant and were not disappointed! We asked our hotel to arrange the booking and were pleasantly surprised to get a booking that night! The restaurant is easy to find and located in the delightful Montmarte area.

It is a small restaurant, so keep in mind, if you do not like sitting close to people - then do not go here! Having said that, it was not a problem for us. The cosiness of the restaurant added to the charm. Their menu is small, but they do it well! For entree I had the foie gras. It was my first time eating it and I found it delectable! Essentially a pate, but very rich and vivid in flavour... it was served with a beautiful jam and crusty bread. My main was the steak (well, whatver the French call a steak!!!) with a creamy mash and a mushroom sauce! Beautiful! My boyfriend had the duck and adored it!

Our waiter was the owner and he was friendly and attentive. He suggested a beautiful wine to go with our dinner and afterwards gave my partner a VERY generous serving of cognac. I had the chocolate mousse for dessert! Watch out though! it is extremely rich and I could only eat three spoonfuls.. Perhaps I should have saved more room!

Overall, this was a wonderful dining experience and I would definitely recommend it to couples looking for a cosy night out. Remember, if being a little close to the next table isn't your thing, then don't go! However, if good French food and friendly service are - then go! You will not be disappointed! Oh and by the way, the total for our bill, which included two entrees and mains, one dessert, a glass of the best cognac and a bottle of the best wine, came in at about 95 euros!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Across from the Musee de la vie romantique. Not to be confused with a restaurant by the same name in Montmarte. Went because it was close to our apartment and after reading reviews on tripadvisor. It was the best meal we had in our 1 month stay in Paris! The owners and staff went out of their way to accommodate our little amount of French. I went with my parents and two children ages 11 and 13. There was something for everyone.The experience was excellent, the food was amazing and the deserts were to die for. This is not a tourist place and the restaurant was full with locals by 8:30. If you want a gem of a restaurant off the beaten path this is the place to go. The price was also very reasonable as far as Paris goes.