“Great location / eclectic apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Entrance
Hallways
View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
MsTravelS...
San Francisco, California
“Great location / eclectic apartment”
Reviewed 30 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

My husband and I rented this apartment for a full week in April 2018. Overall we really enjoyed the location, the space, and the value. Initially, we did have an issue with check in. We were not given directions for how to check in and the host was not super responsive. It ended up working out, but it did cause some initial stress.

The location is fantastic, and the apartment was charming, funky, and enjoyable. The bed was super comfortable and we slept well.

Food_Leig...
Darwin, Australia
“Home away from home ”
Reviewed 28 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Comfortable little abode, with everything you need.. heaters/ac work perfectly, bed is great, strange as is sounds it’s firm but very snuggly. Very central to get around everywhere, even twice we caught trains out to Mont Saint Michel and Marseille and still get back by 10 pm.. try the Cuban pork pizza around the corner at pink flamingos..
An awesome 5 night stay, so much nicer than hotel..

A TripAdvisor Member
“Beauty in location, set-up, kid-friendly. A flat just a quick walk or metro ride away from it all!”
Reviewed 25 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Paris is a beautifully set city for walking, and this flat was, by far, the best I have stayed in for location, uniqueness, and convenience. I truly enjoyed this living experience and amenities, rather than a hotel!

Travelling with an infant, some days we were able to walk to the attractions (i.e., Musée Picasso, Notre-Dame, Musée du Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries, l’Orangerie, and many more...), yet also, on other days, we could quickly jump on the Metro from Saint-Paul which took us along the route of the Seine (and many attractions.). This flat is perfectly situated with options of a few metro stations that can take you easily in the East/West direction or the North/South direction with ease and little to no transfers.

Surrounding the flat, we found many hidden treasures, as Paris, in this area had a plethora of pop-up shops, grocery stores, small restaurants and cafes with amazing eats! Although, my hubby said the best thing in Paris were the cheeseburgers....I say they are quite excellent, but also there are amazing selection of other foods and things to see.

The flat itself was quite fun, from the lovingly worn stairs where many have walked before, friendly neighbours, the high ceilings, impressive drapery, and beautiful windows to let in the sun. We enjoyed the set up for eating-in each morning before starting our adventures, the washer/dryer (which helped minimize the luggage we required for the trip), the funky art work that adorn each room, and a shower large enough to fit two comfortably:). The owner was quick to respond with any questions, and made it easy to check in and out.

Our small family unit enjoyed this adventure, and would definitely be interested in staying here again (perhaps on a week with a little less rain!)

Erik N
“Great Flat”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Jean Phillipe's flat is a perfect place to stay in le marais. Close to everything and wonderfully appointed. The bed in comfortable the bathroom tidy, and the kitchen complete, even the A/C works well. The building is charming and we had no problems with noise or neighbors. It was the best place we stayed on our 4 city trip.

Taz001_11
Seattle, Washington
“Particularly Wonderful Apartment in the Marais”
Reviewed 30 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

I learned that "Hotel Particular" means a private building. When I reserved this property in December 2016, there were not any reviews and I hesitated. Now I have to overcome my hesitation to give a good review because of self-interest . I want to come back when I want to come back!

This was immediately home, a refuge, our oasis. We were so happy just looking out the windows and relaxing in such a light space that we sometimes didn't venture out until well after noon. And then we'd look forward to returning and cooking a feast with whatever we'd found at the markets.

I would not describe this apartment as splendid, well appointed or impeccable. I found it unassuming, quirky and full of character. It was an exact fit for us. It is a 16th century building with a faint must smell in the hallway. Our guess is that the bedroom was the sum of the unit in ancient times and then the atrium was added to it with the bathroom added to the bedroom space.

The location is ideal--2 blocks from the Picasso Museum and short walks to everything else or 4-5 blocks to a metro stop--like Hotel de Ville. Everything works: AC, heat, washer-dryer, wifi, TV, stove with 4 burners, microwave (no oven), fridge, dishwasher, iron & board, towel warmer, plenty of pressure & hot water, 2 umbrellas. You have dishes, 2 pots, 1 lid, 1 fry pan, 2 cutting knives-1 serrated. Salt, pepper & a few basics are on hand. 3 rooms; bathroom is a box, very nice, in a corner of the bedroom. You enter the bedroom from the hall, step up to the atrium/kitchen/living room. The bed is quite comfortable and the bedroom, in fact the entire apartment, is absolutely quiet at all times. A rare thing in Paris.

The trash and recycling bins are at the front door as you exit. No composting.

The unit was orderly and tidy with cleaning supplies/vacuum so you can clean it to your liking during your stay. The bathroom cabinet is well stocked with shampoo, etc., no doubt contributed by earlier guests.

Jean-Philippe, your host, is a charming and gracious man whose English surpasses my French. The key exchange and his availability were perfect. The neighborhood is urban residential, safe, nice shops, restaurants, good bars. Don't miss the fresh orange juicer at the Franprix!

I have been to Paris 8 times in my long life and this, hands down, was my favorite place and favorite landlord. Friends of ours stayed at a 5 star hotel nearby and paid 420 euros per night. I was sorry for them.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing