“Better than nothing”
Review of The Paris Diner

The Paris Diner
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
The Paris Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,265 of 18,708 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Description: new american diner in paris montparnasse near the tower. all our plates and pastries are home made. brunch and big breakfast everydays we can accept groups in our big hall at the 1st floor. big choice of salads-burgers-hotdogs-begels and plates from US. originals recipes of smoothies and milkshakes. take away possible. open daily.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My french toast was tasty and served with a giant hot dog, bacon, and ham. The coffee was good. The pancakes were small and served with syrup. The location is somewhat off the tourist track.

Jimmy Fallon was playing on a TV and an old Clippers basketball game played on another TV. Current American music played in the background. The waitress did speak a little English.

I don’t recommend it except when you really have no other option for an “American breakfast.”

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fun little American-style diner near the Montparnasse train station. Big on burgers, frites and a soda. There wasn’t a soul inside when I arrived, which almost spooked me into leaving, but a few others did show up. I wouldn’t say the service was lackadaisical but it was pretty laid back. When I finally decided I needed to pay, I hunted down my server, who was laboring in a grave-sized hole in the kitchen floor. I didn’t ask. Everything was pretty quirky and a little off kilter, but I mostly enjoyed my meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm not sure what I expected here, but it was pretty much as billed: an American style diner with French flourishes (such as sidewalk seating available). I have read other reviews about the pancakes and eggs, and I'm sure they're good. I had Chili con Carne, though, which was different than what is served in the United States (it is not generally served in Mexico). It was served as a dip, with chips. The dip was primarily beans with a thin layer of chopped meat, flattened out in a rectangular serving dish. Not too spicy and a little limp with the flavor. It was served with a side of guacamole, which was nice. All in all, it was not what I expected, but not bad. The service was bilingual and friendly.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

While this restaurant is modelled after the American style diner, and this is readily seen in the menu-- it is also "French". The menu items are suitable for all three daily meals (and brunch). The fruit pancakes are superb and suit any taste [except those who are "Gluten intolerant]. Even the "hamburger and fries" are really good. Its a wonderful place to visit-- especially if one has been in France/Paris for a prolonged time and misses specific "comfort food"!!.
I hope that ths review has been helpful/interesting!!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for an old fashioned type of diner with simple fun American dishes, this is a nice fun break from the local food, especially for kids. Something for everybody. And very friendly and accommodating staff. Loved the French fries.