Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:59 AM

from US$62.79
from US$159.94
from US$75.82
26,391 results
All reviews audio guide in advance security line rer c long queue buy tickets museum pass arrive early skip the line central paris ticket office golf cart marie antoinette fountain show waiting in line tour group french revolution
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2021

Very impressive and historical place. I did not expect it to be set on a town as it was. While it was not the highlight of our trip it was very enjoyable and a part that we could not have left out. Plenty of photo opportunities if you are a social media picture taker.

Date of experience: July 2021
1  Thank ShaunG407
Reviewed 9 July 2021

The website to get your tickets is easy and you are assigned a time to enter with no queue = perfect. There are a lot of people but you can either download the app with the audio tour on it or get an audio tour machine there when you enter. Not 100% intuitive to use the app on your phone, but the commentary is very informative. You tour just a quarter of the inside of the palace, but still took us 2 hours. Amazingly restored and so interesting. Gardens are also lovely to wander around but there are only 3 fountains that are running during the week in the summer. To get the full effect of all the fountains working, apparently you have to go at the weekend. I thought that was not good of the palace as the fountains are what people come for.

Date of experience: July 2021
2  Thank basher33
Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

Wow. What a spectacular showpiece of French History. Blown away by just how spectacular and incredible this palace is. You are amazed as soon as you see the palace from the outside, let alone the impressive decor and history inside. Staff are all friendly, a perfect audio gadget is provided on entry which is easy to use. We spent a few hours in the palace but you could easily spend 3-4 hours depending on how fast you walk round. We didn’t go for the garden option, but from sight of the palace it looks fantastic and is definitely something we would consider for another visit.

2  Thank Fly-Wills
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

A one in a lifetime experience! Is there a more glamorous place on earth? Great insight into the life of Louis XIV and Napoleon Bonaparte. What a historic place! The audio guide explains the story behind the visuals, very helpful and available in several languages, the gardens are stunning even in rain like today!

Date of experience: May 2021
3  Thank Dagmar2011
Reviewed 14 June 2021

When I went to Versailles for the first time it was in 2008. The experience was stressful and disappointing. Now that I live in France, I decided to give the Palace a second chance and I visited it second weekend of June. Obviously the experience gains a lot without the gigantic crowds. I went on Saturday and Sunday. (I stayed two nights at Versailles). I think this was one of the best trips I had while living in France. Something must be done regarding the amount of people visiting this type of venues. I like that you need to get a time slot to visit but I do not remember if this was the case before covid. On Saturday I visited the Chateau, I dined at "La Petite Venice" and I visited the Big and Small Trianon and the "Hameu de la Reine". On Sunday I visited only the gardens. I hope the authorities could find a "right spot" so visitors could come and enjoy the place in a way that it is less stressful. (maybe suppressing groups? making every traveler book their ticket)

Two additional comments: 1) Once you visited the whole place, you realized why the French monarchy was executed; it is obscene the amount of money that the monarchs spent on themselves in detriment of the people. 2) The personnel at the chateau is still uneasy with respect to covid restrictions. I tried to go to "Angelina" inside the palace but they were unable to provide service as they were confused on which place I should be seated.

Date of experience: June 2021