Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:59 AM

from US$62.77
from US$159.90
from US$75.80
26,390 results
All reviews audio guide in advance security line rer c long queue buy tickets museum pass arrive early skip the line central paris ticket office golf cart marie antoinette fountain show waiting in line tour group french revolution
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

Not Corona proof. The visit to the palace was very disappointing, there were too many people especially at the start of the visit at 10 hrs in the morning. We followed every regulation but it wat too crowded.

1  Thank joses532
Reviewed 22 August 2021

Finally I was able to visit this wonderful palace. I went with a guided tour and was glad as the general entrance queue was very long! The palace itself is just wonderful to see and as opulent as you have heard. I loved the original details still in tact such as the fabric on the walls, art works and tapestries. The gardens are unparalleled - it's that simple. I hve seen many castles and palaces but nothing to compare with these gardens. The need to be seen to be believed and I would definitely recommend a visit here.

Reviewed 21 August 2021

French royalty certainly lived in impressive quarters and the the gardens and grounds are STUNNING! The Palace and grounds are NOT TO BE MISSED!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 18 August 2021

Typically I do not write review on monuments as I do not have neither the competency nor the qualifications to express opinions on art. But shis time I'd like to express my disappointment.
I have been reading many reviews about Versailles palace and gardens even before deciding to purchase the tickets on line. Well, I have waited 2021 to visit because the Covid pandemic fear and I wanted to give the tourism industry some time to get in the habit of dealing with masses of people. It took forever on line to find a proper ticket on-line and entrance time slot and so I had to work my whole vacation around this. To my disappointment, We visited Versailles on a relatively quiet weekday and despite limited entry numbers, we were very disappointed with the social distancing measures put in place. In each room, there was virtually no social distancing and all visitors were easily under one metre from each other. It’s particularly difficult to social distance in the walkways in the Château as it is a one-way system. Whilst there were some staff in rooms, most were either half asleep or sitting in a corner at the back, relatively unattentive.

Additionally, the gardens were poorly signed. If you want to visit Marie-Antoinette’s Hamlet, to save you walking around the back of the garden looking for a back entrance for 45 minutes (which many people did) you must enter through the Grand Trianon and walk from there. I have found the Gardens very disappoiting as well. There are lovely corners, but the whole is not worth the visit in my opinion.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Excellent! Well worth the time. So beautiful and historical. It very artistically decorated and every piece in every room connotes history and architecture which is timeless. Unique indeed! The gardens are amazing!
Overall awesome experince