We stayed here for three nights while visiting friends in the next town. It was a lovely, quaint hotel near to restaurants, bars, shopping, the Palace and the markets. It was wonderful to stroll about the markets, stop at the cafes and enjoy some delicious meals. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The wifi worked well and it was great having a fridge, stovetop and kitchen amenities in the room. Had we stayed longer, we would have considered purchasing meals to heat up and eat in the room. There was a grocery store within walking distance. The hotel itself was quite a historical building with ties to the palace. There were no English TV stations. The breakfast was very adequate and in a pleasant atmosphere. Although there were restaurants nearby, not many of them served breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful and spoke English. We would be pleased to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By staying at the Hôtel du Cheval Rouge you enter into the rich history of Versailles and its Château. Built in 1676, the Cheval Rouge was originally Louis XIV's livery. Since then, the Cheval Rouge has kept up this tradition of hospitality, with friendly service and 40 newly renovated rooms that will make your trip to Versailles restful and enjoyable. At a 5 minutes' walk from the Château, the Cheval Rouge is conveniently located between the three train stations serving Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel du Cheval Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cheval Rouge Versailles
- Le Cheval Rouge Hotel Versailles