Well located, secure car park, family run hotel in the corner of the Market square. Rooms are round a central courtyard a bit like an American motel. Reception spoke very good English much better than my French. Room was up a wining staircase down a modern coridoor above what must have been the old stables. large firm double bed, big TV, large window looking out on to the car park and other rooms round the quadrangle. small bathroom, but well equipped. No tea/coffee making (we are in France) and no fan/air con so if it's hot, room gets hot!
Excellent location for bars, cafes and restaurants with shopping streets leading down to the Palace of Versailles, antiques quarter down an alley way and the railway station not too far away. Breakfast was standard bread, cheese, cakes, croissant, jams, tea coffee.
Car park was free and gate was locked at night at 10PM so to get access to the car park or the hotel you needed your room key to open a door in the gate. Very nice secure touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By staying at the Hôtel du Cheval Rouge you enter into the rich history of Versailles and its Château. Built in 1676, the Cheval Rouge was originally Louis XIV's livery. Since then, the Cheval Rouge has kept up this tradition of hospitality, with friendly service and 40 newly renovated rooms that will make your trip to Versailles restful and enjoyable. At a 5 minutes' walk from the Château, the Cheval Rouge is conveniently located between the three train stations serving Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel du Cheval Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cheval Rouge Versailles
- Le Cheval Rouge Hotel Versailles