“Cozy restaurant in the centre of Montpellier with authentic French taste”

Au Gouter de Jeanne
Ranked #367 of 1,489 Restaurants in Montpellier
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Comédie
Reviewed 1 August 2015

My partner and I found this place by coincidence and we decided to have a lunch here. I have to admit that I was really impressed by the taste of the food and the relation quality - price. Staff was very kind, location can´t be better. And food, simply delicious. I really recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Charming and homely, we were drawn to the small size and friendly atmosphere and had lunch. The restaurant was full of locals and it was obvious that all the food is cooked in a minute kitchen visible behind a bar at the top end of the room. My husband had a good, traditional blanquette de veau served with rice, perfectly acceptable for less than 10 euros. However, my salmon and courgette tarte salée was dry and unappetising, probably reheated. Hopefully, this was just a bad choice. It was served with rice (!)and a mixture of vegetables and some salad leaves. Disappointing. The café gourmand, however, was good. We will try it again as we might have hit upon a bad day for tartes salées.... If you go, look around at what others are eating before choosing your dish!

Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

It's a must. A typical French meal cooked with love. The pasta was great and the meal of the day was chilli con carne which my partner had and she said it was the best home cooked chilli she has ever had. A great little lunch time venue and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Pooler757
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Saw the review on tripadvisor and decided to try this little bistro. The food was absolutely delicious. We booked ahead. I would advise doing so as it is a small place. We went for lunch and although the choice is limited just go with it as this lady can cook!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wandering down a side-street in the historic quarter, the energy emitting from this restaurant on a cold/windy late November day drew us right in. Fortunately, we secured the last available lunchtime table, which placed us right in the middle of the room -- and what felt like a 360 degree panoramic view of a French film. The food was very French and home-cooking tasty, the vibe friendly, the conversations lively, and it seemed that most guests knew the owner-chef, if not many of the fellow diners. Service was brisk and efficient. Big thumbs up.

1  Thank Patrick S