“Great steak”
Review of Chez Boris

Chez Boris
Reserve with
Chez Boris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #322 of 1,640 Restaurants in Montpellier
Price range: US$18 - US$57
Cuisines: Diner, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: French Brasserie in Montpellier's heart, place de la Comédie. Specialised in meats, we welcome you 7 days a week, lunch and dinner
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We ate here purely by chance and so glad we did - really nice traditional French bistro - they claim that beef is their speciality and they aren’t wrong - we both had an amazing steak and my son demolished his burger in seconds! The staff were incredibly attentive despite serving in a torrential downpour- prices very reasonable for what you get - we’ve stayed in this region of France for a number of years but this is the first time we’ve ventured into Montpellier itself - will definitely return - lovely evening

Date of visit: August 2018
Alexandre C, Owner at Chez Boris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Good evening @Louise K, we do would like to thank you so much for your rating and comments.
It's a chance to have you here with us, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us.
We really look forward to welcome you soon here at your French Brasserie Boris.
with our warmest regards;

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed a second time at this restaurant. First time was in March. I ordered a steak, medium well, and requested it be more “well” than medium! Sadly it was bleeding on my plate and I had to send it back!
So this time I ordered the ribs, but unfortunately they were out of ribs, so I opted for a burger. It was a flavourless mound of ground beef which fell apart when I tried to cut it in half! Fortunately the sauce and bun were delicious and the fries were amazing, but I wouldn’t choose it again!

Date of visit: June 2018
Alexandre C, Owner at Chez Boris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Good morning @glendamargaret57, i kindly invite you to contact Nicolas our Brasserie Director, as we are surprised for the burger.
We are sorry if we were running out of fresh ribs, we cooked only fresh products and rather tell our clients we are out of their selection than cooking something frozen:)
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

The menu at this restaurant had some lovely dishes to choose from , I opted for The Big Mec burger , my plate arrived and it was I have to say the best burger I have ever tasted topped with fresh salad and a wonderful tasty cheese sauce complimented with home made fries ,cooked perfectly for me as I wished , highly recommend this restaurant !

Date of visit: May 2018
Alexandre C, Owner at Chez Boris, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Good afternoon Diane, we would like to thank you for your rating and comments.
Your satisfaction is ours, and you'll be welcome at any time here, in your Brasserie Boris in Montpellier.
With our Warmest regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We discovered this restaurant by chance on a brief overnight visit to Montpellier. We could not have found a friendlier place. Without exception, the waiters could not have been more welcoming or helpful in explaining the nature of some of the regional specialities on offer. The food was fresh, in particular the salads, and the quality of the meats second to none. The sauce bearnaise, always a good indication of the quality of the cuisine, was perfectly prepared. The selection of wines and beers was good and fairly priced. We have no hesitation in recommending this brasserie to anyone who enjoys good food, good wine and excellent friendly service.

Date of visit: May 2018
Alexandre C, Owner at Chez Boris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Good morning @Paul T, we would like to thank you so much for your rating and your comments.
Such an honour to have you here at your French Brasserie Boris.
Be sure that for your next visit, we will be welcomed, just ask Alexandre and/or Nicolas our Brasserie Director.
We really look forward to seeing you very soon, With our our Warmest regards.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I usually avoid steaks in France. They're usually no match for what you can find in Argentina, US, Brazil and elsewhere.
Here is a spot worth a visit. The food is simple but there is very little to complain about (maybe too much dressing on the salad?).
Good job Boris!

Date of visit: April 2018
Alexandre C, Public Relations Manager at Chez Boris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Good morning @FM6565, i would like to thank you very much for your rating and comments. Be sure that i give your feed back to my Management, as well as our Chef. We really look forward to welcome you here again, and don't hesitate ton contact me Alex , or my Restaurant Director when you will be there :) Warmest regards from all of us.