“Small place, very authentic and delicious ramen”
Review of Shin-ya Ramen

Shin-ya Ramen
Ranked #8 of 2,073 Restaurants in Toulouse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: Mini ramen shop de 10 places au comptoir uniquement ! Ne prends aucune réservation! 1er arrivé 1er servi ! N’accepte aucun groupe incomplet!
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We came here without a reservation and were lucky to get a seat for the second dinner round (they have two seating round for dinner, second round around 9pm). The place is very small (10 places), which gives it a cozy and very traditional feeling (how I know it from my time when I lived in Japan).

The cook and staff are Japanese, which also speaks for the authenticity of this place.

We first had the Gyoza which are delicious, crusty and on point. Then we both decided for the chashu ramen. Absolutely tasty ramen! Especially the quality and amount of the meat were very good. Each of us had a beer. All together we paid 40 €, which is a fair price.

I never expected such a good Japanese ramen place in Toulouse.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I tried ramen and it was delicious and the staff very friendly, they explain you all you need. Good price and big dishes.
I totally recomend this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

In my opinion the best japanese restaurant in Toulouse, simple cook, just like in Japan and just... BRILLIANT ! I recommend really this authentic japanese rāmen, everything is excellent ! Warm welcome !
It's our Wednesday restaurant after school with friends and it is always a real pleasure to come in Shin-ya Rāmen !

1  Thank KohiFushigi
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I guess one will always have to wait a little bit for the pleasure to eat at this tiny Japanese restaurant but even just the greeting by the waitress makes it worth it. She was really sweet. And the end I wanted to give a small tip because I enjoyed it so much. She refused to take it saying it was to much and instead excused herself for her bad English (which it wasn't). I felt like sitting in Tampopo's restaurant after she had learned to cook the prefect ramen.

1  Thank Matthias M
Reviewed 26 March 2017

A great authentic little ramen shop in Toulouse. Just a few minutes walk south of the Palais du Justice metro station. The menu is limited to ramen and gyoza on the weekends, but I believe they offer several other takeaway options during the week. In any case, the ramen is the best in Toulouse by far! I wish I worked downtown so I could eat here during the weekdays!

2  Thank JeffreyL1418