All reviewsjapanese gardenswimming poolfamily friendly hotellovely parkthe king size bedstayed in this hotel for nightsfew minutes walk awaynice poolreal bonusrooms are cleanmetro stationmain roadother hotelsunderground parkinghotel barsuperior roompublic areas
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We have really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
The pros: Great breakfast/great food
Friendly staff
Clean rooms
Comfortable bed
Very nice pool
Central location: one stop to Capitole and next to Jardin Japonais

Cons:
Hotel sleeping areas are a bit dated
And hotel exterior needs a refresh

On the whole, we have had a great stay and I would return. Value for what you pay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GregBergh
MrBouchand, Directeur général at Novotel Toulouse Centre Compans Caffarelli, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Madam, dear Mister,
I would like to thank you very much for taking time to write a comment after you stay in the Novotel Compans Caffarelli. It’s a pleasure to read positive feedbacks about our hotel. As you said, the hotel has a very good emplacement in the center of Toulouse, at 15 minutes from the Capitole by foot and we have the public transports nearby the hotel.
My staff and I will be so happy to welcome you for your next trip in Toulouse.
Best regards

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is a very expensive room in a hotel that hunt aged well. Rooms and bathrooms are really dirty. This is not the Novotel quality from 10 years ago. You should redo the whole hotel, not just the restaurant

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
MrBouchand, Directeur général at Novotel Toulouse Centre Compans Caffarelli, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear client,
First, I would like to thank you for giving you time to write your comment. I want to excuse me for the different problems that you said in your comment. To improve the quality of my hotel, I have noted the informations that you told.
Sincerely.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed with my family at this hotel for a week while I was attending a conference at the near by conference center. The hotel and room was not as we expected, we had expected something much better. The issues we had is mentioned below. We did complain about these things and only the minibar was fixed, and in the end they did give us a free night as some kind of compensation.
- the king size bed we got was only 1.60m wide, which apparently is a king size bed in France.
- we room was very hot and the air con running with full power could not do much about this.
- many of the tv channels did not work, especially those in English and for children.
- The maid forgot we there three in the room and removed the third towel multiple times, and for got to fill up coffee, empty trash bins.
- the minibar was hotter than the room, the did complain on this the day with arrive but they did not do anything about this before we repeated the complaint a couple of days later.
- the pool is smaller than it looks like on the photos.
- one day it rained in the morning, they had therefore removed the pool towels, but 6 hours after the rain have stopped the towels were still not there, we got them in stead from the reception.
- The servers were slow to fill up the items on the breakfast buffet, as you would often find items missing.
- we asked for an iron and an iron board but they could only provide an iron and a extra towel to place on the desk.
- the front end of the hotel is to a not so nice square.

Some positive things to say are.
- location next to the park, conference center and metro station.
- good play areas for kids in the lobby area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MrBouchand, Directeur général at Novotel Toulouse Centre Compans Caffarelli, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments. First, I want to present you all my apologizes for troubles in your room.
I have noted all informations in order to have a check with differents team in my hotel, in order to always increase the quality in my hotel,
Best regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Room size is big enough for two people. They are well equipped with A/C, TV, minibar, wifi has plenty of speed and staff is utmost helpful. Car parking in the garage is available for fair 11 EUR/day. Nothing to complain. Hotel bar offers typical local specialities at an fair price level. Pool is big enough to get refreshed.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view to the park.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
MrBouchand, Directeur général at Novotel Toulouse Centre Compans Caffarelli, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

I would like to thank you very much for giving your feeling before your stay in my hotel Novotel Compans Caffarelli. It's a good pleasure for me to see that you liked the equipments and the specialities offer by the bar of the hotel. If you come again in Toulouse, do not hesitate to try the brunch in the Gourmet Bar all the Saturday and the Sunday.
Lionel Bouchand,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed here for three days on a business trip. The hotel was chosen by my employer and my wife very much liked its location beside the park and Japanese Garden. Toulouse was very hot so we both enjoyed eating on the outside terrace and partaking of cooling swims in the outside pool. The latter is well suited to both children and adult swimmers, being 1.5 metres deep at one endand shallow at the other.

The staff on reception were extremely friendly and spoke excellent English, as we found on two occasions. Our room-safe was broken and we were efficiently offered a safe box to store our passports. Later my wife's suitcase lock jammed. Again reception rose to the occasion by despaching a young man with an enormous pair of wire cutters to solve the problem. 'Welcome to Toulouse' was his only comment as he smiled and left our room.

The bedroom itself was of a good size, clean and bright and equipped with both a bath and a shower. The wifi worked well and the bed itself was of a good size and comfortable. The tv had several English language stations and there was a sofa and luggage stand. There were tea/coffee making facilities and we made good use of the little fridge to store fruit and water.

Having already eaten out extensively in town, we sampled the hotel's breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The food was uniformly excellent. I ordered a mixed grill which was delicious and we also liked the tapas and sharing dishes offered for lunch. It's clear that the restaurant is popular with the locals and not just for hotel guests, and I can see why.

Overall a very successful stay. No hesitation is giving top ratings.

1  Thank George I

Dear client,
Thank you so much for your comments. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and you appreciated the staff, the hotel equipments and the restaurant. It's true that my hotel is located in the center of Toulouse just near from the Japanese Garden and it offers a safety parking below the hotel. I hope to see you in our hotel in your next trip in Toulouse.