“Had enough of duck ? Try this good curry house”
Review of New Delhi

New Delhi
Ranked #157 of 2,007 Restaurants in Toulouse
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017

After 10 days or more of South West France cuisine - which is lovely but can feel a bit "ducky" after a while - this Indian restaurant was a welcome alternative. I don't know if it's the best one in Toulouse and it's not the best Indian food I have ever eaten for certain but it was recommended and was just fine. Interested how others have described it as good value since vs. my local curry house, it certainly isn't - and that's in West London. King Prawn dishes were not as succulent and the wine was unusually more expensive than what we had been paying in other French establishments throughout our holiday. The decor inside is traditionally Indian restaurant like which makes you feel at home; and service was ok - it certainly wasn't slow as others have experienced but it felt a little "slapdash". Large selection of dishes available meat and seafood. And the portions were pretty generous. It won't go down as one of the most memorable meals of our holiday but it was great to have something different and relatively authentic. I want really to give it 3.5. 3 is too low and 4 is too high. It's good but not very good.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

One of the few things we miss living in France is having an Indian restaurant on our door step we're 40 miles from the nearest,so we had been looking forward to the New Delhi for awhile and it didn't disappoint.The food was excellent,tasty and well presented,the service was good and the waiters spoke English which was great as our French is limited.When we are in Toulouse again we will be back at the New Delhi.

2  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed 8 April 2017

My last review of the New Delhi gave the restaurant 5 stars .... for this review I am struggling to give it 2. We booked a table for 7pm because we wanted to eat early. Initially everything seemed ok, arrived shown to table ordered drinks, however that was about as good as the visit went. We ordered out meal from the a la carte menu. Poppadoms (one each) were delivered to the table, then we sat and waited .... and waited ... and waited, until after 50 mins went by my husband asked if there was a problem ... the answer ' we are short of stock' .. food we asked but got a shrug of the shoulders. A few minutes later a very poor starter arrived and as soon as we had eaten that our plates were quickly cleared and the very mediocre main courses arrived .. not very hot at that. The only good thing about this meal was the garlic naan bread. We raised our issues when paying the bill and just received a 'very very sorry'. By the time we left the restaurant was full .... and only a couple of tables had anything to eat. New Delhi get your act together ... you were the best Indian restaurant in Toulouse ... I'm sorry to say you've lost that status and our business for the foreseeable future.

1  Thank chiefluvvie
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Restaurant kindly squeezed us in without a reservation, and they were completely full shortly after...and we could see why. Lovely spicy poppadoms and home made sauces, delicious onion bhajis followed by the best madras we have tasted...this was just perfect. Served quickly by friendly staff and reasonably priced. Thanks guys a we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Before Xmas my friends and went to the Delhi. The food didn't come at the same time. We hadn't finished our starters and the mains came. My friends main was cold. The beers didn't arrive until the mains were there. The food was ok though.

As the food was ok I decided to get a take a away. I ordered vegetarian food for my girlfriend. When the food arrived it had meat in it. We ordered pilau rice and got Keema. The order receipt in the bag said pilau, so they clearly screwed up.

2  Thank Tom2330