“So disappointing. Our worst meal in France for ages...”
Review of L'Endroit

L'Endroit
Ranked #21 of 176 Restaurants in Honfleur
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We chose L'Endroit for our last night's meal in France having seen recommendations in various places. A serious mistake with both service and food poor and overpriced.
For starters my wife had Foie Gras (19 euros - very small quantity and only one sliver of toast) whilst I had hot oysters au gratin (14 euros - oysters tasteless and completely overwhelmed by large portion of Camembert on top). For mains, my wife had Saddle of lamb with Foie Gras sauce (26 euros - lukewarm, almost raw, smothered in mushrooms, no taste of fois gras) whilst I had Beef Bourguignon (19 euros - burnt and overcooked lumps of meat in tasteless soup). Both mains were sent back with more remaining than eaten. For some reason (maybe hunger) we stayed for desert and my wife chose Raspberry Millefeuille (6 raspberries in what appeared to be a separated cream between biscuits) whilst I had their speciality Normandy desert which comprised two scoops of apple sorbet with some Calvados poured on top). All this took well over 2 hours to serve. Hopeless...

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We tried this very beautiful restaurant in May with some friends.
We loved the open kitchen, the wine list and again THE great Decoration.
Food was very well presented (as shown in my photos) and was good even if a little bit expensive.

Service was very awful and rude. As I take photos of my plates, each time I asked to change me the dirty paper we put under the plates and the server (the wife) was doing it with very bad gestures and each demand was not very welcomed.

I called the owner to congratulate him on the decoration, for the good food and to give him a small remark on one fish plate that contained a little bit more salt than required (3 persons tested it and had this remark). The answer was, that I'm wrong because they don't put any salt for fishes instead of just saying "ok I'll make sure they will put less salt from now on". And he insisted that I don't know what I eat

In this restaurant unfortunately, "The client is always wrong :)"

it's a pity because such a restaurant could be a 5 stars ✨

Note: if you liked my comments and/or pictures please click on "Helpful"
Si mon commentaire et/ou mes photos vous plaisent, cliquez svp sur j'aime

3  Thank Nadim23
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Lovely for lunch, in a nice side street away from the hustle and bustle of Honfleur. Our host recommended this restaurant and we loved it. The local vegetables are particularly delicious!

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Lucky to find this special place with great food and lovely staff. Highly recommended! Went there for lunch and each course was beyond our expectations. Will come back for sure when we are in Honfleur again.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Very good value evening meal. This is about my fourth visit and it's always good. The menu is limited but what they do is faultless.