“Nice meal en famille”

Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Nice enough brasserie. We all ate well and the service was helpful and charming. Steak haché-frites for our son and filet mignon for husband. Good salad and extra chips. Basic but good. Most other restaurants we had been recommended we're all booked up... So we were delighted to find something to eat!

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We were visiting Rouen cathedral and required some lunch. It was a very warm day. We searched around and did not see anywhere we fancied, until we happened upon Le Bistro d'Arthur. We were almost too late, they close at 2pm prompt, but we were made most welcome. We received excellent service and a delightful repast sitting outside in the shade.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The Friday night staying in Rouen we were unable to get a table but on the Saturday it was not particularly busy. Service was fairly slow but once order was taken it was fine. Good variety of steak which the two men said were cooked well. Two of the party has prawns which were large and delicious. Selection of accompanying vegetables is poor. Good wine list.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I went here first by myself, then with my family. The servers remembered not only me, but also my order. Even though I was the only person dining alone, the servers were all absolutely amazing and attentive even though I had just arrived from an awful travel day, exhausted. The food was also excellent (fish trio, tagliatelle and vanilla bourbon creme brulee) and the prices completely reasonable. The atmosphere is very homey, not pretentious at all - I did not feel like a tourist even though my French is not perfect.

When I came back with my family, they were again lovely! The food (creme brulee trio and chocolate mousse were perfection). If I am ever back in Rouen, I will certainly come here again!!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I had an excellent meal at the Bistrot d’Arthur, and would thoroughly recommend to anyone visiting Rouen. The quality of the food was outstanding, and the service was second-to-none. I started with the escargots, which were to die for and a good example of how they should be done to anyone who hasn’t had the guts to try yet. For mains, I went for the ‘Faux-Filêt Façon Entrecôte’ which is served with three sauces. Cooked to perfection, and I couldn’t decide which of the sauces was my favourite as each one was delicious. It really is the sort of restaurant I miss when back in the United Kingdom. If you’re a lover of real, authentic, French comfort food, then the Bistrot d’Arthur will certainly not disappoint – thank you once again!