“Great experience ”

Ranked #8 of 356 Restaurants in Le Mans
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I made reservations for dinner because I saw great reviews about this restaurant. On my way to Cognac we decided to stop for dinner. I was extremely surprised by the service and all the flavors of the food. It was a delightful experience. Great service as well.
If you are in this area you should make reservations to this restaurant.

2  Thank Alailva

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Visited with colleagues and customers - fabulous food and wine with great service thoroughly recommend

4  Thank Stephen_E385
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Great restaurant, impeccable service from professional and attentive waiters. This place is a must for any one who appreciates fine dining but must book in advance and bookings are generally taken only during opening hours. The cosy but spacious restaurant has only a few tables but the ambience and lighting was just right, although the dining room was a tad too warm. So, the food on offer was french cooking techniques with modern take on fresh ingrédients. The dishes offered also a ssh of modern flare in ingenuity in combining non-traditional french ingredients. The execution was as the title to Michelin Standard and is reflected in its pricing, but we'll worth it. Enjoy!

4  Thank orient88
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Seven friends (late 40's early 50's) pre-booked a couple of weeks before arrival. The location is near to but not in the main square, just far enough away to be quiet but
minutes from the tram. First impression from the outside was really good. Inside it is spacious, with high ceilings and a calm atmosphere with a smart upmarket feel. Tables not too close and we definitely got the feeling this is not a restaurant to cram in too many covers to diminish the relaxed fell of the place. Service was attentive at all times with some helpful English spoken. The food was superb at every course with a nouvelle quisine look and we all enjoyed every single minute. Will definitely return. Thank you Grenier a Sel.

2  Thank nickfilleul
Reviewed 19 May 2016

We had a business dinner at Le Grenier. I have been to many restaurants in Le Mans, and this must be one of, if not the best in my opinion. The food has excellent presentation, and interesting and innovative variety of dishes, cooked to perfection. Portion sizes are just right for having a multi-course meal. The service is good in the sense that they have the right balance of attentiveness but leaving you in peace when it matters. The restaurant has a quiet, understated ambience and one can certainly conduct a conversation with fellow diners without "noise pollution". The wine list was excellent - I tried a recommended Jasniers (white wine from the region) and they have an awesome selection of Scotch Whiskey, Cognac and Armagnac! My only suggestion to make the dining experience better is to pay attention to the background music. We had Nina Simone on a loop for the 2.5 hours we were there. I like Nina Simone, but not on a loop for 2.5 hours! A small niggle - overall, a great experience and well worth the expense as a special treat.

1  Thank Paul S