“Refused Seating Without Explanation”

Le Bouche a Oreille
Ranked #23 of 981 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Price range: US$15 - US$24
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We tried to visit this restaurant mid-week during off-season at opening of 7 pm. When we asked for a table, we were brusquely and rudely refused without any explanation. There were no diners in the restaurant. The indiscriminate refusal without explanation made us question the real reason why we weren’t seated when the restaurant was empty. There are many other restaurants in Aix that serve excellent French cuisine with friendly, welcoming service to Americans.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This has been a major discovery in Aix. Great! Prices are OK, great wines, sober atmosphere, quiet and relaxed.
I ate lamb. Fantastic!

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank nicol_sd484
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is like you imagine the french food with tender meat and delicious sauces. We try frog's leg and snales and it was very tasty. You sit cosy on the vital square and can enjoy the students and touris all around!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I booked this restaurant because the reviews looked positive and I can't but confirm that.

I was looking for a small place with a quite atmosphere and great local cusine for a romantic dinner with my girlfriend, and this was the whole package.
A small room with only 4/5 tables for a total of max 20ppl seats (I recommend booking to make sure you find a seat), great service with super nice waiter and, most of all, delicious dishes.
Honestly one of the best dinners I've had. I recommend snails for a starter and frog legs for dish (my girlfriend had a beef stew and also that was delicious by the way...)
& the price was reasonable too.

Definitely recommend trying it out!

1  Thank Gianma90
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Found this place on Trip Advisor and it was excellent. The Waiter was amazing and the food was delicious!!! Would highly recommend this place!!!

1  Thank Lucky071356