“Provence I shall return!”

Ibis Aix en Provence
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Very homey atmosphere that makes guests feel at home easily. Warm, accommodating, friendly, helpful staff. Big rooms, well appointed with amenities. Small toilet/bath.
Bus terminal right outside gate. Brings you to city center in 10 minutes all day and night!
Good breakfast spread!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My teenage daughter and I recently stayed here for one night as she had an early morning academic exam in Aix. I'm so glad we chose this hotel as everything was perfect and more than we could have hoped for. It's in a secure, gated area with plenty of parking and was very quiet considering proximity to motorway...so quiet in fact, that I slept with the window open to enjoy the fresh air. We arrived late and were offered complimentary bottles of cold water. The lobby and rooms have fresh, clean decor. Bathrooms are typically a bit small, but ample and clean. The showers had good pressure with plenty of hot water. We had a great night's rest on a very comfy bed and pillows and my daughter enjoyed the breakfast before her exam. I'd like to especially thank the gentleman working the front desk on the morning of 7 October around 7:30 am. We were so worried as my daughter had forgotten her calculator for her exam and we had no time to buy one, so he kindly lent us one for the morning. This gesture really alleviated a big problem for us and made our stay all the more enjoyable and relaxing. The hotel is about 5 minutes drive from the town center but I would happily stay here again because it's clean, safe, quiet and so comfortable. I've stayed in the town center a few times before in order to be close to everything, but I much prefer this Ibis and there's plenty of parking in town, so it's well worth the short drive. It's great value for money and if transport is not an issue, I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Directeur0714, Directeur adjoint at Ibis Aix en Provence, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hello and thank you for your great comment further to your stay in our hotel to Aix-en-Provence. We espèrons that everything it is great good pass for your daughter and that we shall soon see again you in Provence!
Rémi

Reviewed 20 October 2017

internet connection was not always ok, had to re-initiate a couple of times.
Good restaurant, friendly staff.
Breakfast could be better, no organic products, no freshly pressed orange juice.
Water flow in the shower just ok.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Chosen for its convenience just of the A8 motorway and fir the usual secure parking for our classic car, this Ibis had particularly friendly staff and an excellent chef in the restaurant. The usual fare is available but the chef holds workshops in Japanese cooking so the selection of Asian food is lovely.

The rooms and pool are standard Ibis, everything you need, nothing you don't. AC was good.

Buffet breakfast is extra so we didn't partake.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Just some background info, Ibis has this 15-min guarantee where if there is any shortfall in their service, they guarantee to rectify it within 15 minutes or there will be some compensation.

Stayed 2 nights and housekeeping did not top up my shampoo after the first night so I called reception to ask for help and guess what? Reception actually told me to go down to reception to collect the shampoo bottle and change the bottle myself. So how does this 15-min guarantee works if the customer has to serve himself when it was the shortcoming of the housekeeping staff after all? But I did it myself anyway.

Room was basic, no safe, no fridge, no drinking water, no bathtub, no kettle or tea. You will need to go down to the bar if you need anything to drink, which is rather bad for the price you are paying. Other than that, you have other basic necessities in the room. There is a rather nice swimming pool with tanning benches, that's a plus point. Swimming towels are provided at reception.

Breakfast is a very basic standard French breakfast chargeable at 10 euros per pax per day. Outdoor and indoor dining available. Complimentary parking is available for all guests in their very big open space carpark.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple