“Good food”

O Papilles - Le restaurant
Reserve with
O Papilles - Le restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 687 Restaurants in Avignon
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: Deli, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Very special dishes, looks beautiful but taste even better, very creative! Best French restaurant ever!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We chose the maxi plat de jour. we were not disappointed. There was an excellent variety of fish including cod, monkfish, razor clams and prawns. This was served with a great mix of vegetables including cauliflower,peas.asparagus,beans and more. This in itself is very unusual for French restaurants where you struggle to get one or two.
Service was swift but we were not hurried. Definitely worth a visit. Do not be put off by the limited seating or cafe appearance. This is a good restaurant.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We ate dinner here twice it was that good. Although the menu is not pages long, of the 6 main dishes we tried all were beyond excellent. The desserts are also incredible and our service was personable and engaging. Our 2nd dinner fell on a Friday and it was busier, but well worth the wait. I would not hesitate to recommend this to any diner with discerning taste. Bon Apetit!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I must say that I dropped in here by chance and not by recommendation. A south french decorated small restaurant on a small couy place 5 minutes walking distance from the place d`horloger. They served my an outstanding aromatic and delicious tapendade which kept mosquitos and women on distance this night (high garlic concentraton). The Ceviche (I know from Peru and Equador) in an intellectial french version with fish eggs in different colours which I enjoyed with a classic mineralic Rosé which they offer also in small botttles. The mixed fish plate with coquille st Jaques, gambas a.o. served with a buttery light sauce added perfectly to this warm provencial night. The service with queen´s english helped me with the details and I left a message to the kitchen that there is a lucky man sitting ouside there. It ended all with one of the best Armagnacs I ever tried. My full recommendation for this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We visit Avignon several times a year and have frequented this gem of a restaurant often. Magalie, the chef/owner, is a consummate artist. She is experimental, full of love for her ingredients and highly professional. She creates the most extraordinary plates, both visually and in taste. Dining here is therefore a real treat. I can not recommend this restaurant highly enough.