Lowest prices for your stay
US$67
Free cancellation until 27/01/22
Priceline
US$71
Free cancellation until 27/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$61
Free cancellation until 28/01/22
Expedia.comUS$68
Hotels.comUS$68
travelup.comUS$87
All reviews no lift rooms are small baguette bathtub cheese palace
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2020 via mobile

I stayed there 1 night and service room and breakfast was excellent. They went all the way to make us feel welcome. Central location and close to the many places of interest in Avignon I can highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Hôtel Central Avignon, Directeur général at Hotel Central Avignon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Hello,

We are very happy that you had a great time in Avignon and we thank you for your excellent feedback.

Reviewed 19 January 2020

We enjoyed our three days here more than any other French hotel we've used, because its like being part of a family. Great room; if you're not great at stairs, pay a bit more for the area serviced by the lift. Simple bar on the ground floor, with a courtyard area that's impossible not to relax in and which encourages conversation. However, the gem is the rooftop garden; we put a meal together from the local Carrefour, including wine and beer, and took the lot up there, no problem.
Its an easy walk from the station and close to everything; like most places we stayed I'd love to have seen a couple of USB ports in the room However, if that's the worst I can say, I need to get over it and buy another adapter. A wonderful place from which to see an ancient city.

Room tip: We paid a bit more for the lift - our second floor room was on the main road, so you felt you were part of the city, but still quiet

Hello,

We are very happy that you had a great time at the Hotel Central in Avignon and we thank you for your excellent feedback.

Don't hesitate to come back.

Reviewed 10 December 2019

The rooms were not nice, only shampoo and soap provided. Towels not changed in 3 days even when they were clearly wet. No ventilation in the bathroom The shower basin in need of work and the carpet in need of change. The front desk staff tried to be accomodating but the owner refused to approve one of our requests. I would prefer not to mention other details other to advice to go to another hotel. The more modern hotels outside the city wall were just 3 blocks away and accross the street from The City Wall. The City itself is lovely. I recommend Restaurant 26 and La Vintage.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Alina C
Hôtel Central A, Gérant at Hotel Central Avignon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Dear Alina,
I am truly sorry that your stay at the Central Hotel has disappointed you. Like many hotels, we offer our guests to participate in the ecology with the following code: we do not change the towels if they are hanged, we change them if you leave them on the floor or on the sink.
We offer soap, shower gel, and shampoo, from the Durance line. I do not know what you missed, but do not hesitate to tell us.
You wanted to sit at the bar with your own food and drinks, unfortunately this is not the function of a bar. We have indicated an area for picnicking.
We thank you for your comments always interesting.

Reviewed 22 November 2019

Our overnight at Hotel Central came at the tail end of a cycle tour and after covering 300+km in 5 days the welcome, comfort and location of this hotel was a delight. The facilities and breakfast were very good, and, since we could not extend our stay here, we will try to get in on another to Avignon.

Date of stay: September 2019
Hôtel Central A, Gérant at Hotel Central Avignon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Guest,
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Central, and we thank you for your nice comment.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 September 2019 via mobile

Hotel was super cute and well located (easy to find) and the desk staff was genuinely friendly.
My room was decently sized, clean and conformable. The outdoor courtyard with bar service was a nice touch. I wish I had allocated more time for charming Avignon as I really enjoyed my time there.

2  Thank EricaFG202
Hôtel Central A, Gérant at Hotel Central Avignon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2019

Dear Erica,

We thank you very much for your nice comment, and we will be glad to welcome you again.

Best Regards,