All reviews croissants overnight stop hot water doesn't matter couple of nights on arrival hotel restaurant room was large reception area desk stick eurostar shower sleep motorway driving luberon
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We regularly use Ibis hotels. They are clean, efficient, we'll run and have an excellent breakfast. This was no different, but was rather further from the centre of town than I thought when I booked (I was late in booking and hadn't researched very well). The up-side was that we ate in the restaurant on site on a couple of nights and found it very much better than we had expected. The food was fresh and included some regional specialities as well as (more unusually, in France) some good vegetarian choices. The restaurant had a good number of staff, but sadly with the notable exception of two waiting staff, they were mostly rather poor - forgetting the order, failing to bring the drinks, having to check the order again etc. I would recommend this hotel for excellent hotel service (large showers and our room had a balcony, which I hadn't expected) and the food in the restaurant was good, but the lack of experience of most of the staff there showed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Water pool, good and very friendly staff. We had late check in and manager from check in desk helped us with restaurant, which was ready to close ))). Also explain to my kids when and how they can use water pool

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Ibis Cavallion has a very good situation to travel in the Luberon, Mont Ventoux, Provence etc....
The hotel (same building as Mercure) has a (after 2200 hr) a closed parking place.
We had a standard room which was very clean and pretty large.
Bathroom is OK, alltough they only provide with one (large) towel pp.
People at the reception were very friendly.
Breakfast is pretty basic but OK. (However the follow up was not really OK - we had to ask for croissants as well as for other things)
Keeping in mind that the price of the hotel was very reasonable, good situation, large parking facilities etc.... I can advise this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Found the Ibis Budget a bit too basic, so tried the next Accor layer up, the straight Ibis, the one in Cavaillon is well situated for local access and shares a site with the Mercure.
We have stayed at a couple of these shared sites and they rather depend, some, as here the standard rises to meet the Mercure guests, others find the lowest common denominator!
The rooms we have had here, usually on the second floor, have good views are well equipped and provide suitable places for working on a computer, so good for business trips. The pool is well placed to catch some sun and a pleasure to use on a hot day after spending times house viewing! Equipment wise I do wish they would offer rather better towels and a separate bath/shower and hand towel for each occupant!
The restaurant is a bit prosaic with the same menu on all four occasions we have stayed here but having said that I have tasted much worse and been charged a lot for the pleasure, not fine dining but acceptable.
The reception staff have always been very helpful and don’t correct my bad French but appear to be happy that an Englishman is making an effort to speak their language rather than expecting them to always speak English.
In Summary good place for business trips but not for a long stay!

Room Tip: Face west on second floor!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This was a pleasurable overnight stop en-route south. We took Eurostar to Avignon then drove to here. Don't do what we did which was to ignore the sat nav motorway route and ended up on very narrow lanes right alongside a huge storm drainage ditch which was scary when we met tractors and other traffic. Strongly recommend you stick to the motorway! The desk staff were friendly on arrival and polite with my poor French, the room was immaculate, the bed very comfortable and the pillows gave good support plus the curtains were blackout ones. My sleep is important to me and I had no issues at all. Also important after a long drive, the shower was excellent! It was really easy to find as it is right next to the A7 motorway, not that you'd know it as there was no road noise, I am a light sleeper but you can hear absolutely nothing unless you open a window and there's no need to do this as it has air-con. We booked to eat in the hotel restaurant otherwise it would mean driving again, good job we booked as some people were turned away. Do book on arrival! The meal was Ok but pricy for what it was.

A real plus was the pool, although we did not use it plenty of others were using it, a great find for a family travelling with young children. My only issue was the lack of croissants in either breakfast room despite being reasonably early! That said there was sufficient choice to eat. The Mercure and this Ibis are completely joined together, they share a reception area although there are two check-in desks opposite each other and you need to use the right bit to check in/out, marginally amusing when the staff follow you across the floor moving from one desk to the other because you've gone to the 'wrong' one! Totally French. Can only assume there are two computer booking programmes and each is unique. It doesn't matter which lifts you use as you can get to both hotel's rooms from either. You are expected to use the breakfast room for the hotel you've booked but once you are in you can go into the other one if yours is out of something! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book dinner on arrival or be prepared to drive out
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
CCHMERCAV, Manager at Ibis Cavaillon Luberon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

a big thank you for your comments, we will distribute it to the teams ...
we also hope to see you again at the next vacation ....