All reviews rue d'antibes train station famous shopping street nice airport expensive hotel palais des festivals excellent location the congress boutique hotel lovely little hotel small hotel nice bathroom breakfast is served shopping area modern design trade show located close
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I loved my stay in the ground floor disabled accessible bedroom from Friday 6 till Monday 9 October 2017. The entire stay was perfect.

Getting there: I had initially chosen the hotel for its central location but it was only when I arrived that I realised just how good it was. I travelled from Nice Airport to Cannes on the Express 210, airport bus, that departs just outside the airport terminal. The final stop is Hotel de Ville and it was a 10 minute, flat walk via the sea front to the hotel. On the return trip the Express 210 picks up from the end of the road where the hotel is on Rue des Serbes, so just 1 minutes' walk away. However while I was staying there were road works and on my return journey I had to board the bus outside Cannes train station, which is a 5 - 10 minute walk.

Location: Very central, everywhere is within walking distance. Hotel America is on Rue Notre Dame, a level one way street, 2 roads back from La Croisette/ sea front, behind Hotel Barriere Le Majestic, one of Cannes luxury, sea front hotels. It's on a quiet street, where there are a couple of restaurants, a church and 2 doors away from the hotel is the most charming toy shop. The area felt very safe to walk around both daytime and evening. It's a couple of minutes' walk to La Croisette, Palais des Festivals (where the film festival is held) and the starting/ finishing point for Petit Train de Cannes. One road back from the hotel is Rue D'Antibes, the main shopping street, two roads back Rue Hoche, with a good choice of restaurants and three roads back is the train station. The location was ideal for popping back during the day if I needed to pick or drop things off.

Hotel Facilities: Small 4 star hotel with just 28 bedrooms. The hotel is a hidden gem as it doesn't look anything special from the outside. The hotel has recently been refurbished to a good standard in a boutique style. It's clean, tidy and well maintained. There is a 24 hour reception, spacious lounge area where breakfast is served. There is a lift to all floors and a ground floor toilet.

Disabled Accessible Room: The hotel has 1 accessible bedroom which I stayed in and is on the ground floor. The room opened by a swipe key with a regular door. The bedroom consists of a double bed, bedside tables, with well placed plug sockets just above the tables. There is a desk and firm chair. There is a flat screen TV with BBC News channel in English and a mini bar. In the corridor is a spacious wardrobe with shelving and draws. The safe is located at standing height. There is a slide door into the bathroom. There was a step free walk in shower. This was fitted with 1 grab rail. I was told the floor of the shower had a special non slip coating but I asked for and was provided with a non slip mat. The shower was excellent with both an overhead and hand held shower heads. There is no fixed shower seat and I'm unsure if one is provided on request. The toilet was raised and had a single grab rail fixed to the wall. There was space under the sink.

General Disabled Accessibility: Great facilities. Step free from street to hotel via automatic doors. On the ground floor (step free) is the reception, breakfast room/ lounge and accessible bedroom. The ground floor communal toilet is spacious and has a single grab rail.

Meals: The hotel only serves breakfast. There was waitress service for hot drinks and omelettes cooked to order and self service for cold drinks and other food. I booked on room only basis and breakfast cost an additional 15 euros (2017). Given prices in Cannes this was good value as there was a self service buffet of bread, pastries, cheese, meat, jams, fruit, selection of 3 cereals and yogurt, and all in unhurried, nicely furnished surroundings.

Staff: 24 hour reception desk, staff were always welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Negatives: The ground floor room was usually very quiet, but I'd suggest closing the window at night as there is the occasional passer by who can be noisy.

Overall: Highly recommend as its a lovely hotel with very good disabled access. Hotel America is very well priced for its central location. If you don't require or can't afford a hotel on La Croisette with a view this is a great option. If you're flexible with your dates you can find very reasonable prices.

Room tip: Ground floor accessible room
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank lovetotravel1704
Réception H, Responsable réception at Hotel America, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

We kindly thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripdavisor following your recent stay at hotel America and hear that you had an amazing stay !
We are ideally located in the heart of Cannes with all its shops and restaurants and just a one-minute walk from the Palais des Festivals and the Convention Center between the Croisette and rue d'Antibes, just steps from the beaches, marinas and casinos. It is always a great pleasure to learn that our services are appreciated.
We are delighted that you especially enjoyed our ground floor room which is a very spacious and very well equipped room.
The well-being of our customers is our priority and it is always a pleasure to read that our guest leave satisfied.
Thank you again for having taken the time to publish your review and we will certainly share your nice comments with all our team.
It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Everything about our stay from start to finish was professional - the hotel was immaculate as was the room we stayed in. The breakfast was delicious, the service was impeccable, friendly and relevant to the demands of any global traveller looking for the best attentive service.

What a wonderful experience and we will stay again!

Thank you everyone at Hotel America.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank TheMontMont
Réception H, Responsable réception at Hotel America, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

We kindly thank you for your good comments about the hotel and the staff.
It was a pleasure welcoming you and hear that you enjoyed to stay with us !
Hoping to see you again
Bests regards

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My second stay in this amazing perfect hotel. It was supposed to be the third but last year I couldn't find a vacant room.
It will definitely be my hotel during any bist to Cannes..

Location, staff, service, attention to details and cleanliness and rates are just perfect!
Lizbeth, Sandrine, Elena et Davide, you're all awesome, thank you :)

2 minutes away from La Croisette and the beach, 3 minutes away from Le Palais des Festival, Rue d'Antibes the famous shopping street is 2 minutes away.
Also Le Palais des Pins a great artisan bakery is 3 minutes away at the intersection of Rue des Serbes et Rue Jean Jaurès, it's must try for a breakfast or other pastries..

Many restaurants are near by, actually with it's location, everything is near by..

You don't have to worry if you have special request because it will be done, even sometimes it's missed in 5 stars hotels!

It's highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Abdul Hamid M
Réception H, Responsable réception at Hotel America, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Abdul Hamid
We kindly thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripdavisor following your recent stay.
It is always a great pleasure to learn that our services are appreciated and we will certainly share your nice comments with all our team.
Thank you again for having taken the time to publish your review

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel looks ordinary from the outside but is in an excellent location near the Palais,Rue D'Antibes and train station. Once inside, it is crisp, recently redecorated and spotless with all the amenities expected in a luxury hotel at a bargain price. Staff is welcoming and helpful with excellent security. Highly recommend this hotel,

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eugene B
Réception H, Responsable réception at Hotel America, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Eugène,

We kindly thank you for your nice comment about the hotel and the Staff.
The well-being and leur sécurité of our customers is our priority and it will be a pleasure to welcome you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Staying at Hotel America was nice surprise! The room was small but cozy, and I loved the modern decor. It is centrally located next to stores, restaurants and a less than 5 min walk from the Palais des Festivals. They don't have a parking within the building, but the public parking Gray d'Albion is very close by. The staff was super nice and gave me some spot on suggestions regarding where to eat. I would definitely stay here the next time I visit Cannes.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Clara T

We kindly thank you for your good comments about the modern décor of the hotel and the staff. We are ideally located in the center of Cannes.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you soon